Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
sorry about mess guys :(

same specs/tyres as front (18x10.5 +18 with 235 federal rs)

p6301956.jpg

p6301957.jpg

p6301958.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I see the pics, that's why I ask... I may be a bit conventional in my thinking that if you're only gonna run a 235, you might as well run a 7" wheel and save yourself all that unsprung mass, but that's the driver in me talking. Any benefit other than looking a bit silly to have a wheel that wide? Maybe I just don't get it.

Distrurbed, I like what I see of the paint scheme though, wouldn't mind more pics of the car, perhaps from a bit more of a distance? :)

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
hey mate. these rims not the ideal fitment for a supra in my opinion also.. but unless u were to order a brand new set of panasports (think 6 k AUD delivered) makign do with what i got. been a rim i always wanted to just had to buy.. (these ones come stright from yahoo japan auctions)

as such, have to run a 235 to give the frotn the best chance of fitting.. should be able to run a 255 on the rear with a bit of a guard roll..

only benefit is current wheels is being 10.5" wide and low offset - have more dish then a 8" rim would unless u talkign -20 offset rims etc..

search my profile and u will see thread on my supra (and my other car which is a soarer)

paint scheme is a workign progress - not finished with it yet.. will be seperatign the colouts with a silver/crome pinstrip/graphics. will look good when finished imo. perhaps not thers cup of tea but since its a track car - wanted to experiment and do somethign a bit different
cheers

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
te72;1587012 said:
I see the pics, that's why I ask... I may be a bit conventional in my thinking that if you're only gonna run a 235, you might as well run a 7" wheel and save yourself all that unsprung mass, but that's the driver in me talking. Any benefit other than looking a bit silly to have a wheel that wide? Maybe I just don't get it.

Distrurbed, I like what I see of the paint scheme though, wouldn't mind more pics of the car, perhaps from a bit more of a distance? :)
you make a fair point. I guess the looks play a part most people's choices for wheels. Personally I think its about finding a balance between form and function with wheels. As disturbed said too, you can't always choose your exact width and offsets on a relative budget.

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
te72;1586538 said:
Should fit just fine, given an appropriate sized tire. Stick 355's out back and you *might* have an issue or two with rubbing. ;)

does this mean i'll get the poking tires? haha. i want my rims to be some what out of my car, i'll be rolling my fenders as well so ya. I want next to no wheel gap

rear- 18x10 +38
front- 18x8.5 +32

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Seems to me it's easier to fill wheel gap with tires rather than wheels... ;)

At +38 offset though, you're 12mm further out than the Mk4 TT's I have on now. Plus, you're a half inch (~12.7mm) wider, so... you'd be closing the fender/edge of wheel gap pretty nicely actually, as I have roughly an inch between the top of my fender and where the wheel is recessed. I plan on fixing that on mine, but not until I can afford some 17x11's and 315's.

As for the fronts, I run the same Mk4TT rear wheels (17x9.5, +50), and they're about as flush as you'd want them without sticking them out. 1" less width, 12mm further out... You'd basically be putting the edge of the wheel in the same spot I have mine. Sounds like a good offset in my tired, sleepless mind, but you might wanna get some input on people going off actual testing rather than my early AM math. :p

Oh, and Distrubed, I meant no offense man, those wheels are badass, and if you got a good deal on them, all the better. Just gonna be fun trying to fit them to your car... Have you thought of a fender flare like the Mk2?

supranz

May 23, 2010
Christchurch
Check this for a laugh guys. My mate and I were bored so we decided to do a rim swap just to see what it looks like. Well this was prob a world first, my burgundy 86.5 with Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6.5 Tommi Mackinnen edition rims. Apart from the fact my car looks like it has a lift kit in it I quite like them.
image064v.jpg

SupraRzTT

Jun 14, 2009
BC
genesis195;1587811 said:
does this mean i'll get the poking tires? haha. i want my rims to be some what out of my car, i'll be rolling my fenders as well so ya. I want next to no wheel gap

rear- 18x10 +38
front- 18x8.5 +32

Your going to need like, 25mm spacers.

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
SupraRzTT;1588147 said:
Your going to need like, 25mm spacers.

te72;1587905 said:
Seems to me it's easier to fill wheel gap with tires rather than wheels... ;)

At +38 offset though, you're 12mm further out than the Mk4 TT's I have on now. Plus, you're a half inch (~12.7mm) wider, so... you'd be closing the fender/edge of wheel gap pretty nicely actually, as I have roughly an inch between the top of my fender and where the wheel is recessed. I plan on fixing that on mine, but not until I can afford some 17x11's and 315's.

As for the fronts, I run the same Mk4TT rear wheels (17x9.5, +50), and they're about as flush as you'd want them without sticking them out. 1" less width, 12mm further out... You'd basically be putting the edge of the wheel in the same spot I have mine. Sounds like a good offset in my tired, sleepless mind, but you might wanna get some input on people going off actual testing rather than my early AM math. :p

Oh, and Distrubed, I meant no offense man, those wheels are badass, and if you got a good deal on them, all the better. Just gonna be fun trying to fit them to your car... Have you thought of a fender flare like the Mk2?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Came across these custom rims that were on a 240 before
18x9.5 et+6 (front) 18x10 et -8 (rear)
will these fit? LOL i should seriously learn to measure these.. but it's extremely confusing to conceptualize the offsets and how much negative or postive is needed and also playing into account the camber after lowering the car.. and tire size BlAH!
thnx for the help! :)
Don't mind rolling my fenders :)

SupraRzTT

Jun 14, 2009
BC
The fronts will fit, and poked outu slightly. Its perfect for the look you want.
The rears however will stick out about an inch. So your going to have to run stretched tires to fit. and if you go low enough you'll need to roll+pull slightly. Also have to rip out all your fender liners.

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
te72;1588485 said:

oh my.... This is perfect HAHAHA! if only i got the $$ to play.
The previously mentioned rims didn't go on sale, the guy backed out saying it must be sold with his semi parted out 240 :(
However, another forum member from the forum just posted FS: a set of advan super racing v2 rims, but total baller size, all 4 rims are 18x10 +12
my guess is, these will be needed == at least for the front... but I am debating if I should get dem.. they are red (my mk3 is also red), the sizing seems way to crazy fro the front...
curse my college student budget!!!

p1588492_1.jpg

p1588492_2.jpg

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
genesis195;1588492 said:
oh my.... This is perfect HAHAHA! if only i got the $$ to play.
The previously mentioned rims didn't go on sale, the guy backed out saying it must be sold with his semi parted out 240 :(
However, another forum member from the forum just posted FS: a set of advan super racing v2 rims, but total baller size, all 4 rims are 18x10 +12
my guess is, these will be needed == at least for the front... but I am debating if I should get dem.. they are red (my mk3 is also red), the sizing seems way to crazy fro the front...
curse my college student budget!!!

p1588502_1.jpg

p1588502_2.jpg

hot as!

how much is he chasign for them if u dotn mind me asking?

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
disturbed1;1588502 said:
hot as!

how much is he chasign for them if u dotn mind me asking?

$2600 CAD, here's the craigslist link http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/pts/1780891777.html
Not sure if he's OBOing them... cause 2.6 honestly it's a bit hefty for second hand rims, however a few of the forum members vouched that they are near 99.9% mint LOL hence I'm itching to get them but the price tag is discouraging D:
for other 18inchers that are second hand they are going for no more then 1.5k =/

kazeyuki

Dec 25, 2007
Hawaii
p1591960_1.jpg

i've posted this on the other thread.

f: 18x9.5 -6 215/40/18
r: 18x10 -1 225/40/18

i know what you'll all say wrong fitment blah blah blah. just figure i'd post it for those who like the look.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
genesis195;1588554 said:
$2600 CAD, here's the craigslist link http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/pts/1780891777.html
Not sure if he's OBOing them... cause 2.6 honestly it's a bit hefty for second hand rims, however a few of the forum members vouched that they are near 99.9% mint LOL hence I'm itching to get them but the price tag is discouraging D:
for other 18inchers that are second hand they are going for no more then 1.5k =/

I see them for no lower than 2-2.5k (4k new) in that condition on forums such as Zilvia etc. he will likely not accept less, especially considering those are custom sizing. (usually anything above 9.5"w and +35 is custom in SAR:V2's)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Dylan JZ;1592024 said:
I see them for no lower than 2-2.5k (4k new) in that condition on forums such as Zilvia etc. he will likely not accept less, especially considering those are custom sizing. (usually anything above 9.5"w and +35 is custom in SAR:V2's)

Check out Suprawoman98T over on SF, she had a nice set of SAR Ver 2's for sale for less, and the offsets were more MkIII friendly...18x9, 35mm and 18x10, 30mm. They are bnib's w/ tires too for less!