Whats YOUR special trick for getting into reverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
^^ Clutch in, shift to 5th, clutch out, clutch in, slip it down into reverse Works like a charm :D

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Trick? I put it in reverse, normally don't have any problems. If I do, I let the clutch out a little, and it pops right in.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
2nd to reverse, never a sound.
straight to reverse and its screaming at me.
if 2nd doesnt work then i do third, if that doesnt work then i clutch in, and retry it alll over again. haha. and mt-90 didnt do a DAMN thing for me... i dont think that stuff is thick enough....

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
This thread should be stickied. I now press the clutch in and wait a sec or 2, if it doesn't go in smooth, I just let the clutch out a bit till it slips right in.

We definitely did overcomplicate it :rofl:

red88turbo

Need more BOOST
Mar 13, 2006
socal
OneJoeZee said:
Sometimes I pray to Xenu and the transmission shifts into reverse on its own.

I want to be there the next time you decide to try this.

As for me, if the car is cold I'll push the clutch in once or twice, and on the last push hold it wait a couple seconds and then gently throw it over and down. It works everytime, no grinding, no crunching.

If its warm, I simply push the clutch in, wait maybe a second and put it into reverse. Ive never had any problems getting any 5 speed supra to go into reverse.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
clutch in, then reverse, if it doesn't wanna go in, or it grinds, i put the shifter in neutral, let go of the clutch..

usually I hear a "thud" or dropping sound, as if something disengages, usually 9 times out of 10, it'll go into reverse, otherwise, I have to put it back into neutral and start again....

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
If it doesn't want to go, I give the shifter a little pressure towards reverse and slowly let the clutch out, the gear moves a little and slips in. No grinding. Or simply put it into first, then back to reverse.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I never knew getting into reverse could be so....complex. I just push the clutch in slide it into reverse and go. guess I'm one of the lucky ones! :biglaugh:

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
For me, when I drive another manual car...(cause mine isn't)

Clutch In, 1st, then reverse.

Even if it's "unnecessary motion" who cares? It works for me, 100%.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
clutch in 1st then reverse.

Simple as pie you can do it even if you are still rolling backwards with out the awkward noob crunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.