whats your Db? how loud is your ride?

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
oh and for the people running components in the same box as your subs, dont, its called cancellation...a well placed 3 way component speakers in the front will be > than a massive amount of coaxials everywhere in the car

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
Fuzz420;933391 said:
shenronzero-nice stinger alt., can you tell me apprx. how something like that set me back

are you sitting down lol. somewhere around $500 give or take. I'm actually semi sponsored by stinger and aamp of america who is the distributor of stinger. if any of you are interested i can get you all the phone number and the extention for the person to talk to. the HQ is out of Tampa FL and you can get it in just about any color you want powder coated.

if you want to read up on more go to www.stingerelectronics.com

and I love my alternator.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
steveyblack;933595 said:
what mic and what class? if its a Tl mic i highly doubt he got anywhere near 155 , let alone easily...

It was a couple years ago 2005ish, and the mic was few years older then. I know he was hitting over 150's on the IASCA mic when we did some show from them. Its not hard to acquire the numbers he did with 2 mt 15's, 4 orion 2500'd @.75 ohms, and 18v. He had 8 kinetic 2400 battereys to feed it them. We estimated power output to be well in the 20,000w range

shenronzero;933644 said:
are you sitting down lol. somewhere around $500 give or take. I'm actually semi sponsored by stinger and aamp of america who is the distributor of stinger. if any of you are interested i can get you all the phone number and the extention for the person to talk to. the HQ is out of Tampa FL and you can get it in just about any color you want powder coated.

if you want to read up on more go to www.stingerelectronics.com

and I love my alternator.
Thanks and im not suprised it cost so much, i was just making sure it wasnt cheaper then what i have already been quoted

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
Fuzz420;934452 said:
It was a couple years ago 2005ish, and the mic was few years older then. I know he was hitting over 150's on the IASCA mic when we did some show from them. Its not hard to acquire the numbers he did with 2 mt 15's, 4 orion 2500'd @.75 ohms, and 18v. He had 8 kinetic 2400 battereys to feed it them. We estimated power output to be well in the 20,000w range

Thanks and im not suprised it cost so much, i was just making sure it wasnt cheaper then what i have already been quoted

a little more believable that way...its more like ~150 on the tl...

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
steveyblack;933597 said:
oh and for the people running components in the same box as your subs, dont, its called cancellation...a well placed 3 way component speakers in the front will be > than a massive amount of coaxials everywhere in the car

for all your comments where is your system? any pics?

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
All of those cert's are B.S. you're kidding yourself if you think they are real. These amps are all made and packaged overseas, with the certificates in the box. And I'm not ragging on Rockford. Most of the big name brands do this. I have Kicker amps new in the box Made and packaged in Korea with test cert's "done" here? Yeah right. Thats why the shipping box comes from Korea sealed with six retail boxes inside.
It's just a maketing ploy. Kicker, RF, JL, PPI, Orion. ALL of these used to be made in the USA and maybe then they tested but not any more.
If your tuning for max spl a smaller enclousre tuned to a higher freq. is best. Somewhere around 80-90hz. Also in any hatchback you need to clamp down the hatch its movement will act as a negative passive radiator and absord acuostic energy.
I know it's not exactly the same car but I've built a low wattage spl system in a 95 Camaro that hit 153.3 With about 1100 watts rms. Using 12 200 watt 15's.
Oh and I've only been retailing car audio for 18 years.

Last edited:

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
i hit 149.2 in my old scion 3 12" alpine type e's at 1100 watts rms.. sealed box.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

1.5L!!! 89 fwhp!!!! lol

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
need to upload my new pics of the ported box....but here is my old system.....144.3 db.....had to sell the system because i got a targa supra...miss it!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Holy hell I had a box like that in my 89 with 4 Orion XTR DVC 12s in isobaric config!!! I had two ports on top that when the bass hit it felt like wind going by your head. You could watch things bounce off the console a good 2-3 inches...

But I grew tired of the targa in the back seat.

V

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
dead thread... but feel like adding my 2 cents anyway!
i have 1 12" alpine E in a box i made, got rated at 120.5db which is lower than most everyone in this thread, but i have room for my targa and full use of my back seats

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
over 140 db's at 27 volume (Max 40)

Wired in 2 ohms
2 12" Audiobahn Subs in dual sealed enclosure
2 MONO Audiobahn Amps
2 Monster Capacitors
Monster Cables
Infinity Kappa Speakers all around
Panasonic Headunit
Dynamat xtreme everywhere you could think off.

Super loud...hard to breath with the windows up! Would'nt change a thing about it!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
shenronzero;931824 said:
ok i found the certificate and i was a little off on my guess to what the max RMS output was... it wasnt 1300 after all, it turns out it was 1600 watts RMS!!! i took some pics.

p1435851_1.jpg

p1435851_2.jpg

p1435851_3.jpg

p1435851_4.jpg

p1435851_5.jpg

oh my...

Rockford Power amp series?

I remember those. I would classify them one step below the Orion HCCA amps of that era and on par with the Phoenix Gold M series.