What would you do C's or Nashman v2 shifter?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
OneJSupra;1267350 said:
Running slow for you Dylan so your car can keep up. BTW, how's the twins? Still boosting? :evil2:

haha.. yeah strangely. my rear one was replaced when I received the motor from japan and the front one had no shaft play IIRC, motor had 100k(km) on it. I figured by running 16psi and high AFR's (340whp) they would at least start smoking, but they seem fine.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Not looking to revive a dead thread here but I have the same question as the OP, and now that the V2 Nashman's have been released can anyone chime in with any input? I have a C's right now but it's way too notchy. I'm waiting on some grease from my friend so I can install the lower Marlin Crawler shifter seat/bucket (I didn't realize you can't use the main bushing with the C's as it has solid bushings). Anyone? I could sell the C's for the price of a Nashman

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
You guys complaining of notchy shifter feel need to recognise that this is the nature of the R154. The short shifter may amplify this feel but it is not a reflection on the shifter itself. The R154 is a mammoth of a thing and was also used in Toyota Landcruiser 4x4s (with a transfer case on the side). I personally have always used C's shifter so cant comment on the competition but combined with marlin crawler bush and seat, its very functional.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
spiller;1876470 said:
You guys complaining of notchy shifter feel need to recognise that this is the nature of the R154. The short shifter may amplify this feel but it is not a reflection on the shifter itself. The R154 is a mammoth of a thing and was also used in Toyota Landcruiser 4x4s (with a transfer case on the side). I personally have always used C's shifter so cant comment on the competition but combined with marlin crawler bush and seat, its very functional.

How did you make the marlin crawler bushing work with the c's? where the marlin crawler bushing goes on their website it looked like they had solid bushings there, and the thing that came with the C's that looks like the marlin doesnt come off the shifter. Ijust replaced the seat and said fck it though i'd love to make it work

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
the little cap that sits on the ball at the end of the shifter pops off and the marlin component pops on. A bit of gear oil helps lube it to make it easier to get on. Then just jam in into the seat and tighten the bolts, its a nice tight fit thsts for sure.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
spiller;1876580 said:
the little cap that sits on the ball at the end of the shifter pops off and the marlin component pops on. A bit of gear oil helps lube it to make it easier to get on. Then just jam in into the seat and tighten the bolts, its a nice tight fit thsts for sure.
I popped mine on using my weight and the floor mat on the passenger side. Pressed the ball end into the floor mat. Worked pretty well. :)