What would you do C's or Nashman v2 shifter?

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
http://www.nengun.com/cs/short-shifter

^^ has the jza70 C's shifter for $240, the new Nashman costs basically the same price but with adjustability. I have read so many good reviews on the C's I wouldn't even mind paying $300 if its as good as people say, but the New Nashman Version 2 seems to be a great product with infinite adjustability, but not many people have reviewed them from what I can see. WWSMD?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've tried the C's, I wasn't impressed at all. Nash's offering is much nicer IMO - probably why there's one of his in my car instead.

Admittedly, the C's unit was used from a JDM half cut, so it might have been suffering from wear and / or abuse. The C's was ok from 1st to 2nd, but 2nd to 3rd was more difficult than stock and tended to miss.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
C's with Marlin Crawler bushings feel real good and short.
Another option is TRS , which is the one I have and the shifts are very short and comes with everything like the C's and Nashman's. Its available from a guy in New Zealand on Ebay....excellent service as well.
Can't recommend Nashman's but looks good too. Haven't tried it .

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i have a c's short shifter, its pretty short but kinda notchy. i've always wondered about the nashman short shifter but haven't heard much about it. a comparison between the two would be nice, kinda want to change to a smoother shifter.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I have a C's, its only been used for 400 miles out of the box with marlin crawler bushings and that was on a terrible tranny. Now its on my low mileage jdm trans and it feels 5x better and I love the hell out of it, my friends say the same. A decisive shift is a great thing IMO.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
well then i guess i'm gonna have to wait to try it on my new trans cuz my old trans was bad and took a crap one me. maybe with the new trans the shifting will be smoother then, not as notchy

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I say neither just do the sogi mod.
http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=30

Also dont believe any of the B.S. you change the throw anytime you change the leverage & the fulcrum this is acomplised by either or shortening the lever above the pivot ball or lengthening the lever below the pivot ball.

Just make sure to use new bushings and the heaviest shift knob out there this all helps the sogi mod why most people dont like it after completing

You dont want to change the throw so much that the tranny is more notchy then it already is damaging fork and miss shifting.

I like shortening the handle because it creates a lower profile shifter.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
To the OP, you read my mind with this question. You should consider adding a poll to this thread so that people can vote for their choice.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
super.secret.supra.club;1265762 said:
Stock dildo shifter!

AGREED! :love:

Ever drive an early 90's Chevy pickup with a stick? Yeah... ANYTHING is shorter than that. Feel like you're fishing every time you go to change gears... Ever heard of "rowing" the gears? That's what they're talking about. So be grateful for that at least :p

Seriously though, those Nashman shifters look pretty nice. I like the shifter that came stock in mine, but I think somebody got to it before I bought the car though...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1265733 said:
I say neither just do the sogi mod.
http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=30

Also dont believe any of the B.S. you change the throw anytime you change the leverage & the fulcrum this is acomplised by either or shortening the lever above the pivot ball or lengthening the lever below the pivot ball.

Just make sure to use new bushings and the heaviest shift knob out there this all helps the sogi mod why most people dont like it after completing

You dont want to change the throw so much that the tranny is more notchy then it already is damaging fork and miss shifting.

I like shortening the handle because it creates a lower profile shifter.

SOGI isn't good for performance driving. Hell, a bit longer and towards the steering wheel would be better in that case. It's also not a true short shifter...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I just speak for facts judge for your self what you want & pick the one that works best for your taste :dunno:
Just remember sogi could be done free but with new bushings heavier shifter knob you get good results!

Shift kits cost $$

Look at the image and the physics & facts do not lie.

Attachments

• SHIFT COMPARISON.JPG
    SHIFT COMPARISON.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 319

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Poodles;1266241 said:
SOGI isn't good for performance driving. Hell, a bit longer and towards the steering wheel would be better in that case. It's also not a true short shifter...

indeed, leverage and accessibility are key..

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
try it before you buy if possible... i prefer not to have a stock one

edit: and i see someone edited my post.. o_O maybe... anyways i do not like short shifters. i prefer stock.

Last edited:

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I have the C's. I love how it shifts. Throw a 1j knob on it which is a lot heavier than th 7m knobs. I'll never go back to stock. of course IMO

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Have you considered the suprasport V3 short shifter? I'm rocking it and like at a lot. Have not tried the other short shifters but the v3 is excellent quality IMO.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
OneJSupra;1266724 said:
Have you considered the suprasport V3 short shifter? I'm rocking it and like at a lot. Have not tried the other short shifters but the v3 is excellent quality IMO.

no wonder you're so slow.. lol