What was the very first car you ever owned?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
The first car I bought was a 1983 RX-7 GSL. It had been pulled out of a storage unit and sold on Ebay. It was local and I had $400 so I bid on it. Sold for the opening bid! Picked it up and it ran perfectly for 3 years until I sold it for 1k. Good times with that car...

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
A 1972 Triumph TR6
epcp_0808_01_z+triumph_tr6+side_view.jpg

That is one very fun car to drive. 2.5L six, that you can toss into a corner, no fear.:naughty: Sucker sits so low in the floor pan, that you can't drive with you're arm resting comfortably on the door (I'm a six footer). This car was nicely balanced as well. Only complaint were the electrics, that were frequently needing repair, :3d_frown: designed by Lord Lucas, Prince of Darkness. Van

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
1971 Chevrolet c-10 Stepside. I still regret selling that truck, although it needed a ton of work. Bought it for $300 when I was 15, put it back together (the P.O. had it all taken apart) using a Haynes manual for a guide and a basic Craftsman tool set. Sold it only a few years ago because it was just rotting away and I had no time for it. :(

The day I delivered it to it's new owner, who breathed new life into it. Completely rebuilt it and it's still running strong as hell on the original straight six, 250ci powerplant and three speed manual transmission (converted from column shift to floor by me at age 16). I miss this truck every single day and wish I'd never sold it!

p1651682_1.jpg

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
shaeff;1651682 said:
1971 Chevrolet c-10 Stepside. I still regret selling that truck, although it needed a ton of work. Bought it for $300 when I was 15, put it back together (the P.O. had it all taken apart) using a Haynes manual for a guide and a basic Craftsman tool set. Sold it only a few years ago because it was just rotting away and I had no time for it. :(

The day I delivered it to it's new owner, who breathed new life into it. Completely rebuilt it and it's still running strong as hell on the original straight six, 250ci powerplant and three speed manual transmission (converted from column shift to floor by me at age 16). I miss this truck every single day and wish I'd never sold it!

p1651794_1.jpg

I want to get a c-10 so bad. Supra hordes all my damn money though.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
The first car I ever bought was a 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood for $350. It ran and drove the few time I did that. I ended up selling it a year later for $1200.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
1999 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 4spd auto... Car sucked and it was plagued w/ problems the whole time I had which wasn't very long

If I hadn't have pissed off my ol' man maybe I would've got his '89 Supra Black on Tan n/a auto hardtop. I'm not sure whatever happened this car, but it's the car orginally got me into Supras that I rode in back in day.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Dark Green 95 Honda Accord EX (vtec yo!) 4door automagic. Good all around car, but not in any way fun, fast, or easy to pick out in a parking lot. On the upside it did 32+ highway mpg's and never broke down. Sold the poor thing to my brother.

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
My first car was an 86 Toyota Tercel, 5DR, blue, 5 SPD(with no 1st gear). Got it bought for me by my mother before I had my lisence.

The firts car I had when I had my lisence was an 86 Cressida slammed on cut springs lol