what soft line kits are you using with ct26?

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I've been battling with a leaking oil soft line kit for months, my car has been running but it keeps pooling oil over the weekdays. I've now taken the turbo off 5 times (i wish that was an exaggeration).trying to find the issue. The first time it leaked i had a cheap ebay kit i quickly ditched and picked up what i think is a drift motion kit, the oil return to the block is pipe thread and not a AN fitting which disappointed me. I found the oil adapter to the turbo was not tightened down correctly which was fixed but then a week later still oil. I currently have the turbo out and i'm considering using my spare crush gaskets to replace the whole kit all together or possibly just the return fitting to the block and upgrade it to a real AN fitting rather than the pipe thread bullshit i have now.

Any suggestions on soft line parts? maybe AZ performance or is Supra mania's vote to spray everything down with carb clean, wipe it all down and stuff paper towel all over to find the issue?

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Time is money, a $35 cnc'd adapter costs less than my time it takes to install and remove it again. but i do have everlasting hosed down with cleaner and wiped clean at the moment. I have determined the oil feed line is not leaking at so it's either the return or the adapter on the turbo leaking down the return.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
http://www.driftmotion.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=DM84

http://www.driftmotion.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=DM398

http://www.driftmotion.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=DM9

And then get some xrp hs79 hose in -4 and -10 and the crimp fitting with the angles you need and take them to your local hose shop and have them crimp them for you.

Also don't over tighten the fittings or else they will leak. If there is groves on the sealing surface they will leak. They only need to be snug.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
thats pricey hose... most hose shops overkill selection is less than 3$ a foot or im looking in the wrong spot

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Exactly why i kept the stock oil lines no fittings to deal with and dont leak a drop...although i will admit they are more of a pain when removing and putting the turbo back on. I just try to avoid that altogether. Its a trade off i guess. If ur time is that valueable better hurry up and get some stock lines lol

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I don't think stock lines are that bad.. put them on the turbo, put turbo on car, bolt to block. I would honestly say they're easier than softlines. Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
They really are. Once they are bent to fit the turbo, it just comes off or goes on. I have the stock oils lines OP if you'd like them.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The only thing I like about softlines is no more gaskets after you mount the adapters...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Unless you're running a t4, it really is haha. If you're putting the lines on for the ease of use you should ask yourself why the hell you'll be taking the turbo off so much that you need easier lines to get off. Lol

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Why use a kit if you've had so much experience with these cars before?

Oil feed/drain is a matter of a few fittings and hoses, it's not rocket science.

Use the fittings hvyman added and buy quality an fittings along with quality hose.

1James

Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Using the DM kit with no problems here.

Be sure to put the Toyota gaskets on the turbo fitting (15471) and the oil return on the block (15473) as well. Note the tab orientation of that paper gasket (15473) in the image below:
MA8840C.gif

I had the gasket facing backwards and it leaked.

I used liquid ptfe sealant on the threads of the oil feed port on the block as well as the crush washer. I had a leak without the PTFE sealant on that fitting.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I pulled all my soft line adapters today, cleaned up all the mating surfaces, and got the turbo and return in place today in under 10mins, then spent the next 45mins trying to thread the oil feed banjo bolt in. I was unsuccessful in doing so before having to leave for work. I'm going to pick up a wood dowel from ace tomorrow to try straightening the feed line to make install easier. This line is why i wanted to go soft line but my az stuff hasn't come in yet and i really want to break in the motor sooner rather than later.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
atmperformance;1992813 said:
I pulled all my soft line adapters today, cleaned up all the mating surfaces, and got the turbo and return in place today in under 10mins, then spent the next 45mins trying to thread the oil feed banjo bolt in. I was unsuccessful in doing so before having to leave for work. I'm going to pick up a wood dowel from ace tomorrow to try straightening the feed line to make install easier. This line is why i wanted to go soft line but my az stuff hasn't come in yet and i really want to break in the motor sooner rather than later.

That banjo bolt can be such a pain in the ass..