What size turbo will 550cc Denso injectors support?

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
:1zhelp:My set-up: New, 7MGTE, Yellow plug engine wire harness, new Denso 2JZtt FP (12v mod) through new wire and relay, new Denso 550cc inj, new 7MGTE FP regulator and damper, drilled out J-tube.
Used, Lex/MAF w/SONIC screw, Blitz electronic, dual SBC, AFC NEO, and JDM TCCS ECU.

I don't want to break any of this: CR is 9.4:1; Fully built, forged bottom end (Eagle rods, Probe Pistons), new main caps, ARP mains and rod fasteners, torque plated, and plateau brushed over bore (20 over), new MLS gasket, port/polish, fully radiused valve seats. Extensive exhaust port work, nickel/bronze valve guides. Stock valves and cams, w/100# Comp springs. Lightened 6M crank (bull nosed and radiused and balanced with Fidanza 11 Lb flywheel and stock pressure plate and 7MGTE clutch. Stock intercooler, LIPP hard pipes.
This is a road course car on occasion a road car. So I'm looking for usable power between 3500- 5800RPMs.
Thanks. Van

Last edited:

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
boss series turbo from suprasport or sp61gt. both pretty beefy setups. the sp61gt has a divorced downpipe option from bicperformance for even quicker spool and the turbo itself has the ball bearing option. i myself am picking up an sp61gt ball bearing turbo this weekend and hopefully a ddp to match when i get paid again. ill be using rc 550s also

By the way, i like that you're from my hometown. i'm hoping to make a road trip out there within the next month or 2

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
suprastroker88;1669293 said:
boss series turbo from suprasport or sp61gt. both pretty beefy setups. the sp61gt has a divorced downpipe option from bicperformance for even quicker spool and the turbo itself has the ball bearing option. i myself am picking up an sp61gt ball bearing turbo this weekend and hopefully a ddp to match when i get paid again. ill be using rc 550s also

By the way, i like that you're from my hometown. i'm hoping to make a road trip out there within the next month or 2
Thanks! I was hoping that was the turbo size recommended.
What took you out to Antioch? Practically in my old hometown: El Sobrante. Van

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
well, if your wanting, depening on what manifold you do have, i got an extra good HX35, witch basically puts you in that kinda range, plus, your just over the hill from me. LOL

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Here's something I learned from experience... I've had a stock CT26, and upgraded CT26, a bolt on turbo from Turbonetics, and now, a full tubular exhaust manifold and turbo with the tial external wastegate. After having one of the full setups, I wouldn't buy another bolt on unit. The convenience just wasn't there... had to have my DDP modified, intake pipe wouldn't fit, need entirely new and different oil lines - and I still had to mess about with the PITA internal wastegate, which really is a pain. You might be able to adjust it with the system all bolted up, depending on the size of your arms and how closely they resemble an octopus tentacle. Even if you can, (I couldn't, and my arms aren't that big) you absolutely cannot do it until the car is cold without burning the shit out of your arms.

The only bit that was actually easier than the full standalone system was bolting the turbo to the exhaust manifold. And it's cheaper.

However, the benefits of the full system are many... better spool time, no boost spike from the tial wastegate, FAR larger selection of turbo sizing and brand, much bigger power potential using the tubular manifold...

Upgraded CT, on the other hand, I wouldn't hesitate to do again.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Van;1669432 said:
Thanks! I was hoping that was the turbo size recommended.
What took you out to Antioch? Practically in my old hometown: El Sobrante. Van

I was born and raised in oregon. I needed somethin different.

I actually moved from oregon to antioch, then moved to el sobrante right by de anza high school, and then came back to antioch lol.

But yea, I would say pick up an sp61gt and get a BIC ddp. Crazy power and quick spool for a bolt-on. I picked up my dbb sp61gt for $600 and it only has 15000 miles on it. No play or leaks at all

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
not to thread jack, but where abouts in Oregon were you at?
doing nice pulls on I5 right now are so much fun with the feel of FULL boost with a temp of under 40 out there.. and dry.. LOL.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
bloodasp90;1670173 said:
not to thread jack, but where abouts in Oregon were you at?
doing nice pulls on I5 right now are so much fun with the feel of FULL boost with a temp of under 40 out there.. and dry.. LOL.

born in salem. raised in eugene, spent a bit of time in portland and beaverton

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
bloodasp90;1669887 said:
well, if your wanting, depening on what manifold you do have, i got an extra good HX35, witch basically puts you in that kinda range, plus, your just over the hill from me. LOL
I'm no ready to go away from the stock manifold...

kamikazemkiii;1669907 said:
This seems promising...

GrimJack;1669993 said:
Here's something I learned from experience... I've had a stock CT26, and upgraded CT26, a bolt on turbo from Turbonetics, and now, a full tubular exhaust manifold and turbo with the tial external wastegate. After having one of the full setups, I wouldn't buy another bolt on unit. The convenience just wasn't there... had to have my DDP modified, intake pipe wouldn't fit, need entirely new and different oil lines - and I still had to mess about with the PITA internal wastegate, which really is a pain. You might be able to adjust it with the system all bolted up, depending on the size of your arms and how closely they resemble an octopus tentacle. Even if you can, (I couldn't, and my arms aren't that big) you absolutely cannot do it until the car is cold without burning the shit out of your arms.

The only bit that was actually easier than the full standalone system was bolting the turbo to the exhaust manifold. And it's cheaper.

However, the benefits of the full system are many... better spool time, no boost spike from the tial wastegate, FAR larger selection of turbo sizing and brand, much bigger power potential using the tubular manifold...

Upgraded CT, on the other hand, I wouldn't hesitate to do again.
Here's where I'm at... I'll likely just go upgraded 57 trim CT thru DM. Van