what size intercooler are you running?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
IJ.;963988 said:
Rob: Will the undertray still fit with it that low?
Not without some serious modifications. The piping is run underneath as well.

89whitepkg;964018 said:
not sure what this is could you explain.
The cooling fan on my motor is hydraulic. There's a hydraulic pump built into the water pump, which powers the fan. The hydro fan is capable of moving a LOT of air. As a result, the car was never fitted with aux fans, as it didn't need them.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
thats a nice setup... but i would be so scared of the bov touching the positive terminal...

and relocating the battery isnt that hard... just need long 0/1 awg wire...

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Rennat;965736 said:
thats a nice setup... but i would be so scared of the bov touching the positive terminal...

Funny you mention that. It does from time to time, as my battery tie-down isn't installed. The thing is, that section of pipe is insulated with silicone couplers, so it never grounds.

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
update: no noticable increase in lag with the 3in piping and 4in intercooler on the 57 trim but damn it makes the bov 50000 times louder. I need to finish the intake pipe to recirc asap.

89whitepkg

I hate rust !
Mar 7, 2006
Lexington, KY
holdbrooks;966128 said:
update: no noticable increase in lag with the 3in piping and 4in intercooler on the 57 trim but damn it makes the bov 50000 times louder. I need to finish the intake pipe to recirc asap.

are you stalling?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
annoyingrob;965918 said:
Funny you mention that. It does from time to time, as my battery tie-down isn't installed. The thing is, that section of pipe is insulated with silicone couplers, so it never grounds.

i kept thinking in my head whether or not if it would spark... but i guess as long as the pipes arent touching inside the coupler your fine.. but even still, i would cover that thing! haha

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
89whitepkg;967317 said:
are you stalling?

no i am on the maft pro now but I imagine with the afm and the amount of air being vented it would. btw it is a greddy type r which is like 2in diameter. so maybe not with a smaller bov.

89whitepkg

I hate rust !
Mar 7, 2006
Lexington, KY
so, it's looking like I might have to lose my aux fans to get everything to workout right. Is this a major issue? From what i've been reading I think it will only be an issue when I have the a/c on for long periods of time. I even started looking into going to eletric fans, but I don't think that will be worth the hassel. If there is anyone out there with some insight, it would really help me out.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
I know there are quite a few people on here who dont like body work but for this purpose it does come in handy, This one is 29"X9"X 2.5" I could have fit bigger but this suits my needs for now
p969182_1.jpg

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
I am running the Greddy/Trust mk3 intercooler kit. It is as nice a fit as I have seen. Not including the Cartech of course.

ETS Tom

Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver, WA
Our standard kit includes a 24x10x3" core which is plenty for power goals up to 550whp. We've been fortunate enough to be supply the intercooler for both Duane and Nate's 800whp+ builds and intercoolers are available in 3.5" and 4" thickness for super high horsepower applications. I'm looking forward to putting one of our 3" kits on a MKIII as soon as I can find a decent condition 5-speed that's not outrageously priced :)

More info on our site here - http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/...Intercooler-Kit-ETS_MK3_ICK/product_info.html

The Supramania IC kit sale we're currently offering - http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66296

Supra-MK3-Intercooler-Kit-Silver.jpg

Tom