What keeps you from calling it quits?

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Time, money, effort, thoughts, memories, dreams.... everything makes it important to me. 3 years now, no end in sight, to even get it running or painted.... but I'm still here. It's been tough believe me... but if you look at your POS car and dream of what you want it to be, why give up on that dream?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
jetjock said:
Things never get bad.
If things don't break, you're not driving it hard enough :icon_wink

What keeps me going is the feeling of acceleration, the sound of the turbo spooling, and the way a good handling Supra feels when taking corners at high speed.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Driving it, I hadn't driven my car since last July. I drove it tonight, and everything just seems better. Can't wait till all the little bugs are worked out and it's insured again :)

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
the boost, and the nice people in the supra community, and it gives me something to do besides PARTY! :runaway:

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
drjonez said:
far too much $$ wrapped up in custom parts.

10-4, my wifey wants me to sell and I'm thinking I'd get maybe 6-7 grand for my 17k investment that I barely drive anymore, I don't think so..... so wth I'm gonna paint it!

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
always want to have the best thing for me and i always have to put mods in my car becasue i could neaver have a stock car soo even if my car blows up i'll fix it and make it better

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
Supra or not, lifes going to throw you punches. If you don't take them from her. You'll be taking it from something else.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Cause its not done, and I still have fun when I drive it.. and its cheap (I all ready have it and dont have to start over)

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Honestly, I don't know anymore. Sunday night my thermostat failed shut and my car overheated to all hell and locked up. I'm feeling the BHG woes, especially since I'm already in debt, and I have nothing but determination to make it better than it ever was now. I think what really keeps me going is, like others have said, the prime examples of what these cars CAN be. Also, the amount of spocom's running around my area that think their grocery getter with a fart can is fast can be a sort of inspiration.

So, in closing, I'd like to thank IJ, Nate, Suprahero, Tekdeus, Jon @ MDC, HPF Eric, Jeff Lee, Kurt (supra90turbo), the good doctor, bigaaron, and everyone else on this site who has been an inspiration to me and my dream. If I forgot you, I'm very sorry, but there's so many of you!! To everyone who has supported my supra project through the t-shirts and hoodies I've sold, thank you as well!!
~BrandoN~

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
What everyone else said, but mostly, and I can't believe noone has said this yet:

Because it's a Supra!!!!!

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
because it never breaks down on me...

Of course, it's been on stands for nearly 3 years while I slowly get around to all the things I wanted to get done to it.