What keeps you from calling it quits?

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
Lately I have been wondering why I keep coming back to my Supra. Even after all the headaches and money that goes into it I keep coming back for more. I think the main reason is this forum, without the support and info I probably would have thrown the towel in a LONG time ago. Plus seeing some of the pristine examples of Supras on here, weather it be looks or performance. I want my car to be on the same level as some of you guys. This place reeks of insparation and I love it. Just wondering what stops you guys from giving up when things get bad?

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I let my supra sit for like 6 months with rodknock, debated letting it sit there forever. Then I went by and saw suprahero doing his 1J swap. I spent the next 3 weekends getting the car running. Now I'm more motivated than ever to get it where I want. Having some time away definitely helped in the end.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
It's fast, it's stylish, great powerplant, plenty of potential, it handles great, it's fun to drive, fun to learn, and it's different.
Most of the "sports" cars around here are japanese tuners like honda's or other FWD spocom's, and american V8's like mustangs and Camaro's. The Supra sort of fits in between. It's got the tunability and handling of a japanese car, and can easily put out the power of the big V8's.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
i love my baby too much.

Plus, she is in such awesome condition, it would be stupid to get rid of her.

No matter what, she's staying with me, so i can pass her on to my baby brothers in 6 years time when they can drive :)

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
probably supramania.com, i'd have a hard time letting it go and also this marvolous piece of automotive craftsmanship we call the supra.
i mean come on, thats all i do.hehe

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Sl1dewaysSupra said:
Your brothers are lucky to have a sister that would hand down a MKIII.

I just hope they appreciate it! :)

Although it may have to wait 10 years, as they won't be able to drive it until they are off their privisional licenses (due to too much hp:naughty: )