What Grinds Your Gears?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
What grinds my gears?

When you write a paper, cite your information at the end of the paper as to where you got it from, and then receive a call you're loosing your financial aid because you had been written up for plagiarism. Yeah, my instructor wrote me up for plagiarism and I lost my financial aid. I had written a paper on how to test an AC system on a vehicle. I used a graph from a cite, and cited it at the end of my paper. He said I plagiarized because I didn't cite it in text. I said that, you did not require us to write in MLA format, and I had no idea on how to cite a graph to be honest. And so now I am stuck paying 2400$ every 6 weeks because a teacher wasn't clear that he wanted it in an MLA format. AND when the situation was brought to the head dean of the school, the instructor presented him with a DIFFERENT rubric, than what he gave me....and I showed him the original rubric and was told that I had the old one, and that it was not the correct one that I had, and he had no idea where I received it from.

Fucking FURIOUS.

/rant.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Call FAFSA and tell them. Don't have any people in the class who can vouch for the same rubric.

Have you lost the complete option to financial aid?

Some professor ask to, in the most simplistic terms, get "messed" up.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Lindsay Lohan.

"What do you want...TELL ME what you want! Well I'll tell you what you want, you want NOTHING..."

EDIT:
[video=youtube;XelmvQuLgJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XelmvQuLgJ8[/video]

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
IBoughtASupra;1841680 said:
Call FAFSA and tell them. Don't have any people in the class who can vouch for the same rubric.

Have you lost the complete option to financial aid?

Some professor ask to, in the most simplistic terms, get "messed" up.

Fasfa views it as it was filed, and so I had to have done it. There is NOTHING they can do, which is understandable on their part. Ive lost it for the next 4 classes? I believe. That is when I can reapply for it again.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Wow. Now that sucks. My professor gave a paper and he said to cite. I cited every damn thing where it was listed AND made the reference page.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Call the local news station. Up here in NY, Fox 5 news does "Shame On You," and if you had something down there like that, they would like this story. You could get a few people in the class to even say that was the rubric he gave to follow for the paper.

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
We had a whack job of a prof like that at my school....on day she got pissy and shot 6 people in a biology conference room just a few seconds after I left the building.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
T3rril79;1841777 said:
We had a whack job of a prof like that at my school....on day she got pissy and shot 6 people in a biology conference room just a few seconds after I left the building.

Shit. Hope nobody was killed.

The problem with professors is that all you need is a degree, not people skills.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know what grinds my gears? People who can't be bothered to stop at stop signs. In parking lots, I can kind of understand, depending on the traffic situation. But in neighborhoods and onto major roads? Retards... flat out, impatient retards...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Compton74;1842089 said:
People who tailgate on the freeway when the lane next to them is dead empty

x100. My girlfriend tends to do this and it drives me insane. When I drive, I'm constantly looking for more space in front of me. Not necessarily to pass anyone, but to get off anyone's ass as much as possible.

Good call on this.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
OfnaRcR4;1842044 said:
People who can't be bothered to use their turn signals. Or just people who can't drive in general.
On your first point, I think this is more discourteous than dangerous (tailgating, running lights and stop signs), but it could cause a safety issue in traffic. Utah... try it out sometime, I can almost promise you they're the worst drivers in America. Not worst as in rudeness, but just seem like they can't be bothered to pay attention, or you know, drive appropriately for the conditions.

On your second point, I 100% agree with you. Driving tests would be nice if they were an every-other-year thing IMO. Particularly if they were taught by driving instructors, you know, at driving schools. Insurance rates would go down, accidents might go down, and there would be a lot more people taking the bus. Win win in my book.

suprarx7nut;1842119 said:
x100. My girlfriend tends to do this and it drives me insane. When I drive, I'm constantly looking for more space in front of me. Not necessarily to pass anyone, but to get off anyone's ass as much as possible.

Good call on this.
I tend to always keep my eyes on an "out", just in case. I've learned that if your only out is the back of another vehicle, you're doing it wrong.

phatbimmer

Toyota Technician
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago, IL
www.funpedia.org
te72;1841977 said:
You know what grinds my gears? People who can't be bothered to stop at stop signs. In parking lots, I can kind of understand, depending on the traffic situation. But in neighborhoods and onto major roads? Retards... flat out, impatient retards...

clearly you never got the memo titled "no cop, no stop" LOL

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Compton74;1842089 said:
People who tailgate on the freeway when the lane next to them is dead empty

I let off the gas. Usually takes them to about 50-60 to realize I'm not getting on the gas. Then when they get in the next lane I speed back up.

They get mad I laugh.