What Grinds Your Gears?

DahnEEEE

Mar 31, 2011
Californiaaa
What grinds my gears is stupid ass managers at pep boys. They think hiring mechanics will make the shop better and more busy but they're understaffed with service writers.

And then you see a bunch of customers at the front desk waiting for a service writer to look at their car but NO ONE is there to write up the order. Therefore the mechanic suffers because they're only paid on commission while the lazy asses get to do absolutely nothing and still get paid. Effin lame.

My poor boyfriend complains to me everyday about his job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
You know what grind my gears? Allergy's. Went out to the track with a couple fine ladys to watch the late model races. Everything was going smooth and BAM! could not for the life of me stop sneezing, EPIC FAIL. This is one of the few reasons i want to move to socal.

onemancrew

Feb 7, 2012
Sydney
Bogans that think pushrod V8's are the answer to all of lifes discrepancies.

Why can't they just admit that Turbos are not rice, its actually a smart way to use your exhaust to make more power.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
What grinds my gears? People who smoke one after another at concerts. Clearly, you are an asshole. Not as much as the pot smokers though, does ALL of that shit smell that bad?

I would rather bathe in gear oil...

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
What grinds my gears is when I get blamed for others undoings... Its not my fault you were fired because couldn't perform and you missed critical details in the plans and specs that your QC who was also fired failed to make sure it was installed!!!! Dumb fucking............ /rant :: angry :::madfawk::madfawk::madfawk::madfawk::rant2::stickpoke:bigun2::: IJ. :::joshers:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Never understood that... rarely ever is it "someone else" that got you fired... 99 out of 100, you're your own worst enemy. I know I am anyway.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
i say yes.. she is..ask a loaded question and get a tru answer. than i say.. i will sleep on the couch see you in morning with flowers and b fast

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You know what grinds my gears? People who think they can do everything you do and make up stories to try and prove it.

I am at work and one guy said he was going to work on his car on his days off. I asked what car and he says he is working on a STi for someone and a Evo. I tell him I am going to work on my friends RB25 this weekend to finally get the car on the road. Obviously, there isn't bullshit there because I have a video of the first start up of it in my build thread.

A few days later, he tells me, "I want to get another 240SX so I can do another RB26 swap." I call BS on this and ask a question. I ask him what trans do you use for the swap? He tells me that a RB26 R34 trans works. I respond to him, "Okay, buddy, cool."

Bullshit spotted. RB26 trans are AWD setups, you need to use a RB25 trans. What a douchebag.

I ask him if he likes the stock single turbo of the RB26 and he said "yes." Bullshit spotted once again. RB26 come twin turbo stock.

/rant over

onemancrew

Feb 7, 2012
Sydney
IBoughtASupra;1860634 said:
You know what grinds my gears? People who think they can do everything you do and make up stories to try and prove it.

I am at work and one guy said he was going to work on his car on his days off. I asked what car and he says he is working on a STi for someone and a Evo. I tell him I am going to work on my friends RB25 this weekend to finally get the car on the road. Obviously, there isn't bullshit there because I have a video of the first start up of it in my build thread.

A few days later, he tells me, "I want to get another 240SX so I can do another RB26 swap." I call BS on this and ask a question. I ask him what trans do you use for the swap? He tells me that a RB26 R34 trans works. I respond to him, "Okay, buddy, cool."

Bullshit spotted. RB26 trans are AWD setups, you need to use a RB25 trans. What a douchebag.

I ask him if he likes the stock single turbo of the RB26 and he said "yes." Bullshit spotted once again. RB26 come twin turbo stock.

/rant over

Haha that story reminds me of a dude who told me he was putting a 351 Cleveland V8 into his HQ Holden. *facepalm*

haha, he caught himself out in the moment because everyone here knew that a 351 is a Ford V8. It would be like putting a Nissan motor into a Supra!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
you know what really grinds my gears? When spiders just sit there on the wall and act like they pay rent. Who do they think they are?

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
IBoughtASupra;1860634 said:

Along these lines, you know what else really grinds my gears? People who have always done something better than you, and if they havent they know someone who has. And they are not shy about telling you.

For example, Im hanging out with my old roomie. His new buddy says to me out of no where, "Hey, you got a supra?" I reply something along the lines of "Yea I do" (Im sick of talking about my car with none car people so I keep it short) He says to me "Its like the 3rd gen one?" At this point he has cleary heard about my sexy machine of a rocket ship, but I reply with a simple "Yea its a 89, MKIII" Instantly I hear from his mouth "thats cool, my buddy has like 6" I tell him "oh cool" which is met with, "Yea, two of them have over 1000 hp" So I told him simply, "thats pretty neat"

Seriously!?!? SIX!? Get a fucking life dude. If someone had two MKIIIs pushing over 1000hp each in my town, I would have heard about these cars at some point over the last 8 years that Ive been into supras. The fact that I nailed his girfriend twice before they got together, makes me feel better about his shitty attitude

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
onemancrew;1860666 said:
Haha that story reminds me of a dude who told me he was putting a 351 Cleveland V8 into his HQ Holden. *facepalm*

haha, he caught himself out in the moment because everyone here knew that a 351 is a Ford V8. It would be like putting a Nissan motor into a Supra!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
That grinds my gears...

Also, when a shop wants almost $500 to replace the high pressure power steering line...
When a shop keeps saying your engine runs like shit becuase of a "dead" cylinder and it ends up being faulty injector wiring...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Jayhall;1860691 said:
you know what really grinds my gears? When spiders just sit there on the wall and act like they pay rent. Who do they think they are?
Shoe decorations. ;)

kotu100;1860769 said:
When a shop keeps saying your engine runs like shit becuase of a "dead" cylinder and it ends up being faulty injector wiring...
Well, technically, bad injector wiring would cause a cylinder to be "dead"...

RazoE;1860747 said:
Err... kinda a step sideways, isn't it? Then again, pretty much anything Smokey does is pretty awesome, so I'll allow it.