What do I need for 450rwhp in high altitude?

Newkid

Dec 18, 2007
Aurora Co
To get the 450rwhp i gonna start with the arp head studs and Main studs. Then use the hks metal head gasket, 550cc injectors, walbro fuel pump 255l/ph. Rebuild the ct-26 turbo to a 57 trim, Aem ems, and get a good tune. lol hks mk3 intercooler kit or have some shop make me some intercooler pipes with a tial bov. Stage three clutch Torque Cap: 575 ft lbs, Pressure Increase: +85%. Hks evc 6 electric boost controller and a aluminum driveshaft.
I forgot about the Eagle Connecting Rods, CP .20 over size Pistons, Custom piston rings, Clevite 77 Bearing kit which includes the trust washer, Rod and Main bearings. Also the Ferrea valve train, 1mm valves for both exhaust and intake, dual valve springs, spring seat locators, and titanium retainers

Here's what I dont know: Do I need a Boost Cut Controller? Do I need anything else?
Thanks for the Help

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
turbo cars generally don't have any issues making power at altitude unlike N/A cars or roots style superchargers.

The turbo will spin until the wastegate opens at the designed PSI, so if the air is thinner, it will just spin faster. About the only performance hit I've heard of is an increase in turbo lag as the turbo works harder...

Newkid

Dec 18, 2007
Aurora Co
Poodles;918452 said:
turbo cars generally don't have any issues making power at altitude unlike N/A cars or roots style superchargers.

The turbo will spin until the wastegate opens at the designed PSI, so if the air is thinner, it will just spin faster. About the only performance hit I've heard of is an increase in turbo lag as the turbo works harder...

Thanks man! well do you think with all those parts I listed that I ould make 450rwhp?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Poodles;918452 said:

hmm. Last time I was high up in elevation driving through a mountain pass, I kept pulling over every now and then because it felt like my car had a huge boost leak(big noticeable power loss), yet I found nothing wrong. And of course, the car felt normal again when I got to the bottom of the hill.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Since youll be running an EMS, pretty much the only thing keeping you from making more than than 450 is the turbo and injectors. Im not so sure if the 57trim is capable of making 450 to the tires.

Newkid

Dec 18, 2007
Aurora Co
catback;918474 said:
all that and still using the CT 26?
get something that can push more volume at less psi and you'll be set.

What type of turbo should I use? Cuz I was planning to use a PTE 67, .81 a/r, polished/coated. How big does the injectors have to be? Sorry Im kinda of a beginner. lol

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
get a jt61gt or boss turbo. why do people insist on keeping a ct26 turbo into the 400s. its working that little turbo way too hard...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Poodles;918452 said:

Not quite. Since the air is less dense, power is lost.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Newkid;918632 said:
how much power can the JT61GT make?

alot..... 400rwhp is about where im sitting currently on pump gas, 16-18 psi daily, w/ mods in sig. reliable as stock turbo (i blew up 6 sp61gts in a year, jt61 has been on for over a year now and nothing but great!)

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
Newkid;918381 said:
To get the 450rwhp i gonna start with the arp head studs and Main studs. Then use the hks metal head gasket, 550cc injectors, walbro fuel pump 255l/ph. Rebuild the ct-26 turbo to a 57 trim, Aem ems, and get a good tune. lol hks mk3 intercooler kit or have some shop make me some intercooler pipes with a tial bov. Stage three clutch Torque Cap: 575 ft lbs, Pressure Increase: +85%. Hks evc 6 electric boost controller and a aluminum driveshaft.
I forgot about the Eagle Connecting Rods, CP .20 over size Pistons, Custom piston rings, Clevite 77 Bearing kit which includes the trust washer, Rod and Main bearings. Also the Ferrea valve train, 1mm valves for both exhaust and intake, dual valve springs, spring seat locators, and titanium retainers

Here's what I dont know: Do I need a Boost Cut Controller? Do I need anything else?
Thanks for the Help

you're going to spend close to $2000 on a management system and run the stock turbo?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
yea i missed that part.... you dont need the AEM. keep the stock ecu and really you might want to search out the VPC or MAFT-Pro system..... thats more in line with your build

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Denver's track is Bandimere speedway in the foothills of Morrison Colorado. It is pretty funny to watch something like a stock C5 run a mid 15 in this air.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Eagle Rods aren't really worth it in my opinion. I've spoken with adjuster and the stock rods are plenty strong with ARP Hardware and prep work. Save a few bucks, and stick with the proven.