What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
3p141592654;1995071 said:
I would describe them as cool white. The color looks the same as what you see on a late model Lexus with LED plate lights. It is definitely not a warm white.

Alright, thanks. I may just buy them and see how I like them since you have already confirmed they fit. Worst case is I just put the regular bulbs back in and I'm out only $10.

Rafagazos

Mar 9, 2011
Virginia
Yesterday bypassed stock theft deterrent alarm that kept leaving me stranded forcing me to play with my key lock for 15 minutes everywhere i went. Today seems like a good day to install the cluster that i just got in the mail from Pyro15D/ Dane and maybe order some of these magical plate bulbs that everyone is talking about^^^

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
here some dirty pics of before and after installing my set of KONI's. still want rear a bit lower. 1'' would be good enaugh.
BEFORE20140302_085013.jpg
AFTER20140306_124436.jpg20140306_124444.jpg i really like how it looks now. not too low, still looks original and in Latvia this is pretty much the lowest u can go for if still want to be able to drive normally.

15'' on rear are to make some burnouts :D theyre my daily eclipse winter tyres that has to be gone

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Hey Raf, the power wires for the gauge cluster are the same color so I put a knot in the positive wire. Just so you don't connect it backwards and fry the power supply. That would be bad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Rafagazos;1995083 said:
Yesterday bypassed stock theft deterrent alarm that kept leaving me stranded forcing me to play with my key lock for 15 minutes everywhere i went. QUOTE]

How'd you do it? I used to have the link to the write-up by Shaeff (I think) but now I can't find it. Been meaning to do this as well, but it's only happend to me once so it's kind of left my mind recently.

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
y9e4y9u3.jpg

Slow progress, doin what I can with a few nice days here and there.

not sent from my iPhone 5

Rafagazos

Mar 9, 2011
Virginia
Alright thanks Dane. Didn't get to do it today just got home from helping some friends with their cars and didn't get to mine.

7M4EVR there's a lot of threads here on supramania and the other forums too. Mostly everybody said to ground the BLUE WIRE with ORANGE STRIPE since thats what the theft deterrent box does basically acts like a kill switch since that wire is a ground for the starter i believe, can't remember right now. Since i want to try to fix mine sometime to get it to work like its supposed i stole someone's idea to just leave the box in place and jump pins 5 WHITE WIRE WITH BLACK STRIPE and 13 BLUE WIRE WITH ORANGE STRIPE on the harness. I took pics so if you need any just pm or whatever i can text em or email them or message them i guess. i was trying to do a write up giving credit to everyone on the old threads but my laptop just broke yesterday and i'm too lazy to do it on my phone lol but i still got the pics

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
found out my auto tranny is slipping. i think its the last time to flush my gearbox but i cant find shop that would do it because it includes removing gearbox oil pan. but not driving supra for now because i know that whats in the gearbox is not oil anymore :(

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Really? I thought it was pretty standard that you had to drop the oil pan when doing auto tranny flushes....

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Janch;1995247 said:
found out my auto tranny is slipping. i think its the last time to flush my gearbox but i cant find shop that would do it because it includes removing gearbox oil pan. but not driving supra for now because i know that whats in the gearbox is not oil anymore :(

You sure it doesn't have a drain plug? I've never had an auto Supra but I believe the same 4-speed transmission is in the early 2000s 4Runners. My dad has one of those and I know he was able to flush the transmission by just draining it from the drain plug.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Well today I installed my Euro turn signals and bubble markers. I love the way the turn signals look. I have white LEDs in them from superbrightleds.com and they look fantastic. Here's a couple night pics, I'll try and get some more in the daylight tomorrow. They put out a lot more light than I thought they would have.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I thought about going with clear corners but I decided to keep the OEM look. I find those head lights funny it's like the car is alive lol. Looks good man, I really want to get either HID or amber fogs I can't decide but if I also want to get HID head lights or those trucklite LEDs but they are expensive.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Thanks! I don't like the way the "diamond cut" ebay clear corners look either. I like the look of these euro ones because the look OEM, because they are OEM just not here in the states :). I actually like the way my projector lights look, I think they give it a little more of a modern look and they perform great. I looked at the Trucklite LED headlights as well, but I didn't like the way they looked really and they don't put out as much light as a good projector set up does. The advantage to them though is they are entirely plug and play whereas doing a HID projector retrofit is anything but plug and play but totally worth it in the end.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have heard mixed things about HID setups for our cars though like I heard they cause electrical issues or shortages but I think that is because some people get the wrong ballast like one that has too much wattage.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;1995357 said:
I have heard mixed things about HID setups for our cars though like I heard they cause electrical issues or shortages but I think that is because some people get the wrong ballast like one that has too much wattage.

I would chalk that up to user error and cheap parts... As long as you get a quality retrofit set then it will work flawlessly. For my setup I didn't have to cut anything on the car. If I wanted to turn it back to stock for whatever reason I could have it done in however long it would take to pull the headlights out and put the old ones back in.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Silver MK3;1995255 said:
You sure it doesn't have a drain plug?

shure it has but as much as ive red you have to remove cover. well worst case will be - i will need to change it twice ~ 4L oil each time. but really wanted to get rid of all the crap whats in it.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Janch;1995359 said:
shure it has but as much as ive red you have to remove cover. well worst case will be - i will need to change it twice ~ 4L oil each time. but really wanted to get rid of all the crap whats in it.

I would just drain the transmission through the drain plug, then fill it back up, then drive for a while and repeat the process until the fluid coming out is clean. That would be easier than dropping the pan I think. The TSRM shows 1.6L as the drain and refil capacity so even if you have to do this a couple times you shouldn't have to spend too much money on fluids.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Silver MK3;1995358 said:
I would chalk that up to user error and cheap parts... As long as you get a quality retrofit set then it will work flawlessly. For my setup I didn't have to cut anything on the car. If I wanted to turn it back to stock for whatever reason I could have it done in however long it would take to pull the headlights out and put the old ones back in.
Was installing the HID kit a pain? Like did it require splicing wires and such or do you just connect a bunch of plugs?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;1995363 said:
Was installing the HID kit a pain? Like did it require splicing wires and such or do you just connect a bunch of plugs?

No splicing wires. You buy a retrofit kit, this is the one I bought: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...orimoto-mini-stage-3-kit-h1.html#.UyHCE_ldU-U

Then you buy some housings like this: http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Performance-Lighting-WI-HL5A-Conversion/dp/B0006309WA

And then you cut the housings up so that the projector will fit into them. Then you mount the projector in the housing. I used a PVC cap and some JB weld to secure the cap to the housing. Then you will have to most likely make a metal spacer to push the plastic lens of the housing out a little further so it clears the projector. Then you just seal that up, plug up the harness to the stock harness in the car, mount the ballasts, aim and adjust your the projectors and then you can install the housings like you would regular headlights into the car.

I wouldn't say it was a pain. It was a good bit of work, but I actually enjoyed doing it because I like working on cars and such.

Here's the thread I made on it when I did mine, there's a lot more detail in it.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?187113-Some-Questions-on-Doing-HIDs-the-Right-Way