What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Maybe I have a vac leak somewhere? It's annoying when the car stalls or struggles to idle when I am driving then get to a red light and if I don't slow down with it still in gear it can sometimes stall or struggle to idle.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sucks because I did a boost leak a few months or so ago and replaced a bunch of hoses and even replaced my turbo intercooler hose lol. The hunt goes on.

88SupraT

Boosting Supra
Apr 4, 2005
North Vancouver, B.C.
Doat;1994956 said:
what exactly is a maft pro? seems like a lot of MK3 owners use that.

It's a piggyback which allows you tune fuel, ign, and boost control (I could be wrong on the combo of these), but most importantly probably one of the cheaper ways to convert over to speed density rather than the afm.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
88SupraT;1994976 said:
It's a piggyback which allows you tune fuel, ign, and boost control (I could be wrong on the combo of these), but most importantly probably one of the cheaper ways to convert over to speed density rather than the afm.

Correct on all counts.
I would describe Maft pro as the final step before taking the AEM / Megasquirt leap. But it's all the control I'll ever need for my power goals.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have been thinking about getting a piggy back system since I am not planning to go with much HP on the 7M, so a standalone is just not necessary and I could probably get more hp with a proper tune.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
I have an safc but i am really finding it kind of pointless on a bpu 7m. I could see the benefits of maft by getting away from the afm. need more time with a wideband to tell but it seems to me the lex/550/afpr route is tuneable enough with the afpr in conjunction with vf and a wideband. But i could see if u wanted to lean it out a bit more it might come in handy. Just doesnt seem like enough to make me want to have it installed (i suck with wiring so it would cost me). Plus I believe everytime u disconnect the batt u have to re-tune

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
3p141592654;1994945 said:
Be careful, SBL lists both a #194 and #89 for the license plate bulbs for some reason. Stock is a #89. I prefer the one I linked on Ebay to the SBL 9-LED version.

View attachment 72076

What kind of white are the ones you linked on ebay? Are they a pure white color like a 5000k type or do they have that blueish tint to them like a 6000k bulb? I prefer just a pure white with no blue tint, but I didn't see anything specific in their ad.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Not really today but did booost leak test and changed some upper pipes that was cracked and turned into plastic. Changed vacuum line that went to BPV. Since now all the air goes out, it has to be recirculated how it should be. Didnt have any problems when was vented to atmosphere now I know why. Now engine idles good. Still have some missfire but very rare now. Also changed my shocks and springs to KONI's adjustable shocks and unknown red springs. Sits good now just need to make it a bit stiffer.
Allso bought pair of 225/50/16 pirelli P6000 tyres and haunted pair of 225/50/16 good year eagle F1 tyres for front. Just need to collect. Will put them on stock sawblades so wont go wider.

Will post some pic of lowered supra just need to measure the difference.

Anyone have any idea why my left tail light and number plate lights is not working? Blinker, reverse, brakes works just parking light . Front parking light didnt work as well but when changed fuse just front turned on but the left side when off all at once when it happened. Cant figure out.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Silver MK3;1995023 said:
What kind of white are the ones you linked on ebay? Are they a pure white color like a 5000k type or do they have that blueish tint to them like a 6000k bulb?

I would describe them as cool white. The color looks the same as what you see on a late model Lexus with LED plate lights. It is definitely not a warm white.