We've lost a beloved Supra owner...

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I felt I needed to bring this to everyones attention this evening.

Nelson Matias, (Chi2Kx Organzer) has passed away.
He was found this morning, and appeared to have passed in his sleep.
They've yet to discover the cause, But I will update when I know for sure.

***Update*** It is believed that Nelson's passing was from his diabetes.
Nelson was always in such a great mood, you'd never even think diabetes would've had an effect on his life.

I truly wish I could emphasize my pain and hurt for his passing.
Nelson (95blacktoy) truly was one of the MOST unforgettable names amongst the Supra community...The most caring guy you could come across, had an absolute passion for his cars, and always had a big grin on his face. The 4 years I've known him, I can't think of ONE time I've been with him or spoken with him where he was in a bad mood.
Nelson owned a gorgeous 1995 Supra Twin Turbo...Which was his pride and joy.

Nelson, I personally want to thank you, For everything you've done for the Supra community...The THOUSANDS of dollars you've spent in the past to make sure all your fellow Supra family were taken care of for the meets...
And most importantly, I want to thank you for giving me the privilege to be a great friend. ...It still has not hit me yet that you've left us.

For CHI2K9, We will be going all out to pay our last respects to Nelson, the Official Chi2K organizer. Things just will not be the same.

p1204600_1.jpg

I know his last days were joyful ones as he just recently celebrated his 34th Birthday.
( http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519683 )

I'm REALLY going to miss seeing you at Great Lakes Dragway, Sound Performance & Elmhurst Toyota...early in the morning before everyone else gets there, welcoming and waving everyone in with a big grin on your face.

Godspeed, Nelson Matias. I still can't believe you're gone.

You'll never be forgotten...We all love you.

Jeff

Last edited:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
I found out this morning about this.

Im truly shocked at such an event could take place to such a great guy.

Nelson is one of the few guys that made every attempt to bring the supra community together as a whole.

He shared no bias to any supra family member. MK4, 3, 2, 1 - IT DIDN'T MATTER TO NELSON.

We all were one big family. Nelson showed this brotherhood - year after year during the Chicago meets.

Nelson - God Speed my friend.

To the rest of us, here's two very vivid and recent, fun memories I have of Nelson and CHI2k7.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449624&highlight=chi2k7

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450350&highlight=chi2k7

Both good reads. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to attend CHI2k8.

To Jeff, any one else who's interested, Chris, and the rest of the gang at SP...

We need to continue on with the legacy of CHI2k9 in Honor of Nelson for years to come.

It was his dream, and he made it happen.

Lets not let that dream fade away.

p1204737_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What a great guy Nelson was. When we made it to Chicago in '07, he looked me up just to say hi and thank me for traveling so far. He was definately one of the nicest people I've ever met.
I wish his family the best, and I know Chicago won't be the same without him.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
Boost Lee;1204600 said:
I truly wish I could emphasize my pain and hurt for his passing.
Nelson (95blacktoy) truly was one of the MOST unforgettable names amongst the Supra community...The most caring guy you could come across, had an absolute passion for his cars, and always had a big grin on his face.Jeff

jeff, you have a good way with words.

When i met Nelson in Chicago 2007, he couldn't have been a nicer guy to talk to or hang out with. He dealt with other people with the respect they deserved and i don't think he would have hurt a fly.
The last night there, Scott and i went with the local supra guys to have dinner and while the other guys ate at a table, Nelson, Scott and I ate at the bar and seemed to talk for a few hours about anything.

Nelson, you are a great guy and you will be missed.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
RIP Nelson..I was also very shocked when jeff called me and told me Nelson passed away. He was a great guy and im very glad to have known him. He always did an amazing job putting together the meets, and he was always willing to help anyone out. I remember this past summer at the chicago meet i couldnt drag race cause i had shorts on. And you had to have jeans on. So Nelson let me wear his pants so i could race.. funny thing was he is alot shorter than me, so i looked pretty stupid in them haha. just thought i'd share some memories, Heres a picture of me and Nelson at the last chicago meet as he gave me a trophy for my car. Truely a great man, you will be missed Nelson.

p1204780_1.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
My prayers are with you Nelson, and the Matias family.

I have been in a state of shock ever since Noah called me this morning. Nelson was one of the most Genuinely Great Human Beings I have ever met. Noah and I came together to TX2K7 from 950 miles away. I had never met Nelson before, and was not very aware of him, as SM was mainly MKIII back then. As Jon and Noah have posted, my experiences with Nelson were something I will never forget.

We went on a cruise that night before that dinner. Being that I was there without my car, I asked Nelson to find me someone willing to give me my first ever ride in a MKIV for the cruise. He quickly responded "no need to look any further", and offered his passenger seat to me with a smile. His persona was all I needed to know that I would one day return.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Some of the things you guys have mentioned have truly brought tears back to my eyes.

Nelson...REALLY was one of those guys that would do ANYTHING for you.
(Read suprafanatic's post of Nelson letting him borrow his pants at the Drag strip so that Nate could race).

To be completely honest, I could barely hold myself over today, and I sit here now at home having left a bit early from work because I'm so completely out of it.

I'm still in disbelief a man of such gratitude & greatfulness could be taken from us so quickly. 34 Years young.

Seeing someone as amazing and great of a person as Nelson pass so early really makes you stop and think about how precious life is.

I miss you brother, and I'm really going to miss being able to help you out with the CHI.
From here on out, It's all about you, My friend...All about you.

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
omg.... when jeff called me last night and told me i was 80% asleep and when i woke up this morning i thought our converstaion was a dream... i wished it was a dream... even though i only met him once he made a big impact on my first supra meet at Chi2k8. I remember after the dynos were done i was taking a few pics around the SP building when nelson came around and saw where and just had to get a pic. Chi2k9 is gona be amazing and ill help out if i can... RIP supra brother you will be missed dearly by all.

Nate- i remember that... lol u looked so goofy and he looked straight hood lol...

i wish i could have known him better.....

Cole