ugh valentines day

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
What's so different abt today, compared to any other day? Most holidays are nothing but consumerism at its best. . Pay no attention to them, and you'll be a happier man.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I took this "holiday" and made it my own. Yes, I did buy flowers and candy for my girlfriend but I didn't run to Wal-Mart and buy a heart shaped box and a pre made arrangment of half dead flowers. I went to a nice little flower shop and picked out the flowers she likes and made an arrangment myself. To me time spent on a gift is more than the price. I also made my girlfriend a dvd of pictures of us all the way back to 1992 and it cost me about 5 bucks for the DVD-r and about 3 hours of editing and fitting the perfect song to the slideshow.
For those of you without girlfriends, don't you feel better when you work on your Supra yourself than you would if you had shelled out the extra money and had someone else change your clutch, or replace your brakes or even change your oil?

I try to get past the consumerism and the gifts and actually make it about Love.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
It's either the best day of the year, or the worst day of the year. The most loved and most hated.

When you have no one or recently lost someone, it fucking sucks.

N

NDBoost

supra gets a nice wash, the exhaust re-hung, and to top it all off a nice dosage of 10w-30 castrol GTX Syntec Oil.

thats how my evening is going to be spent :)
happy valentines baby(supra)

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
recently lost someone here. effin sucks cuz now all i'm thinking bout is what i would have done for her today. this could turn into a rant very easily so i'll cut it off here.

i think i'll stick with the women who never let me down: my mom, my sister, and the supra. man the supra can look forward to one hell of a mechanical love fest when i get home in the spring, catback, hardpipes, and a track visit.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i try to look at like i got more money to spend elsewhere by being single. yes it does suck but like loki said you learn to cope, or hide at the bottom of a bottle :hsugh: :icon_cry:

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
single for just over 3 years and enjoying it! i spent my day detailing the M3 and sitting on my ass. Can't get much better, lol

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
nr0obt.jpg

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I bought the old lady a nice bouqette of her favorite flowers and some Laura Secor chocolates. However Baby Sup might be dissapointed when I forgot how the dash harness ran, and when the FedEx truck didn't make it to my house today before I had to go to work. It sad, she must feel jealous

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
aye mate said:
I took this "holiday" and made it my own. Yes, I did buy flowers and candy for my girlfriend but I didn't run to Wal-Mart and buy a heart shaped box and a pre made arrangment of half dead flowers. I went to a nice little flower shop and picked out the flowers she likes and made an arrangment myself. To me time spent on a gift is more than the price. I also made my girlfriend a dvd of pictures of us all the way back to 1992 and it cost me about 5 bucks for the DVD-r and about 3 hours of editing and fitting the perfect song to the slideshow.
For those of you without girlfriends, don't you feel better when you work on your Supra yourself than you would if you had shelled out the extra money and had someone else change your clutch, or replace your brakes or even change your oil?

I try to get past the consumerism and the gifts and actually make it about Love.
If anyone didn't already know, this guy is getting laid tonite :icon_bigg

My plans, single rose, card and dinner. Then some premarital sinning :)

Last edited:

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Haha Nate.

I heard a comedian a few days ago talking about days like V-day, anniversaries, ect. He said, "I can not belive how women get so upset if their man forgets or gives a bad gift. Sure it's great for you (women) and you remember because it's for you, all these "special days" are for you. You get all the gifts, get to go where you want to, it's a day for you. But us (men), we have to buy all that shit, it's just another day we have to spend money, so yeah, it's not on the top of our list of things to remember. NOW if there was a BJ day or something WE would remember, because it would be our day."

It may not be funny reading it but it was funny as hell hearing him say it.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
jimi87-t said:
Haha Nate.

I heard a comedian a few days ago talking about days like V-day, anniversaries, ect. He said, "I can not belive how women get so upset if their man forgets or gives a bad gift. Sure it's great for you (women) and you remember because it's for you, all these "special days" are for you. You get all the gifts, get to go where you want to, it's a day for you. But us (men), we have to buy all that shit, it's just another day we have to spend money, so yeah, it's not on the top of our list of things to remember. NOW if there was a BJ day or something WE would remember, because it would be our day."

It may not be funny reading it but it was funny as hell hearing him say it.

^ Can we push for that? We could atleast use it as leverage against V-Day...

I didn't get my gf of 6+ years anything. We got in a traffic jam, 3 actually freakin rubber neckers..., made a little dinner, went downstairs and went to sleep. She got a backrub and that made both of us happy. She bought me chocolates and this book called "If you give a mouse a cookie" she says it's like men and sex. I don't see the connection though. :icon_bigg