twin turbo....what do you guyz reconmend?

2JZ...sequential or true twins?

• sequential

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • true twins

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
tissimo said:
the ecu controls the timing on the valves, you have no control over it. You can only control to make sure then work.

I know that.

tissimo said:
I was talking gaining power from removing the valves, I have no egvc or iacv anymore

I am skeptical. You're going to have to give me more than that.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
OneJoeZee said:
I know that.
Everyone on SF seems to agree the sequential isn't the best on the #2 life of the turbos. It might be great on stock boost but when you raise the boost it changes the game I guess.

To me the risk wasn't woth it and lag wasn't bad, so went with it.

I am skeptical. You're going to have to give me more than that.
On the exhaust its like giving it a bigger exhaist, more flow.. same on the intake.. Nothing much though, 10-15 hp MAYBE? ;)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
tissimo said:
Everyone on SF seems to agree the sequential isn't the best on the #2 life of the turbos. It might be great on stock boost but when you raise the boost it changes the game I guess.

To me the risk wasn't woth it and lag wasn't bad, so went with it.

Elevated boost isn't the best for the life of your turbos.

People will agree sequential is not good for the life of #2 but then the same people will turn around and run 22psi of boost through their turbos so why talk about it like that's really the reason for switching to TTC? Most do it because their car is boosting funny and a bunch of people reply saying how much better TTC is. Something isn't working right with their seq. system and they are either fed up with troubleshooting or too lazy to even try. If one was so concerned with their turbo's lifespan, they wouldn't even raise the boost at all. Again, I am not buying "save your 2nd turbo" as a reason.

I have seen some testimony about using TTC that seemed valid in regards to those that drag race. But 4 out of 5 times it's just because it's easier to rip everything out than to figure out why it's not working. Then the car works ok and TTC is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

tissimo said:
On the exhaust its like giving it a bigger exhaist, more flow.. same on the intake.. Nothing much though, 10-15 hp MAYBE? ;)

Evidence of gains, please. Could be 2hp. Could be the change in weather.

Van Diesel