Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area Supra meet

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If everyone promises not to laugh at my 1/8 mile times I'd love to go. One question though.......Where in the world is Holiday Raceway? I'm getting my wifes car out of the shop this week and we may bring both of them. We just put a new motor in hers. Mine is shutting off on me for some reason. It just goes dead when I stop at red lights. Cant figure it out.

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
If you know how to get onto I20/59, then you go to Exit 97. If you're coming from the direction of Birmingham then you'll turn left and go about 2 miles until you see the sign on your right. I haven't ran yet, but I plan on running at least once if my car feels up to it that day.

Supra60-1

May 29, 2005
Alabama
Whoooo! March 16th is a good ways off... Maybe my clutch will be good and ready by then.

I'm looking to hit 7's at holiday once I get my downpipe and front mount put in.

With stock downpipe and intake, (well, all stock except the turbo,) I ran 8.84. That was on 225 18" radials, 14psi. Now I can hit 18psi without fuel cut (1.23 bar/g).

Im excited about getting a clutch that'll hold. That 8.84 was just a test for the stock downpipe.

Okay, enough with that. Im up for a meet but I think it should be sooner, maybe at Steele. It's a 1/4 track north of birmingham. I've never been there and would really enjoy trying out a full 1/4, never have.

Adam B.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm still wanting to go to the meet. I still havent had everyone promise not to laugh at my track times though. Supra 60 is talking about putting down 7 second runs and my best time was a 9 flat. Thats when my car was running good. I'm having fuel cut problems bad. That is why I want to meet so I can get some help from you guys. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Supra60-1

May 29, 2005
Alabama
Lol, hey man, my car is down for the count now. I had a shop install a faulty clutch on me and it took out my engine. I was sick and crazy the day I found out, I was so close to taking my car up a notch and this shit happens. Im gonna put this meet on my calendar anyways and might get some of my other car buddies to show up (non supra). I hope some of you guys can bust out at least a high 8 up there.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Just ordered my 255 fuel pump, I'm trying to order a lexus afm. Do I have to have the larger injectors? If so, the guy that built my turbo said he will sell me six of them for 100.00. I'm trying to get all of this done before March 16. I still have to take it and have it tuned.

Come on guys lets hear some enthusiasm about meeting some fellow supra owners. Hope everyone that is able will be there at the track MARCH 16. I know if the lord's willing and the creek dont rise, I'll be there. Me and my wife.

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
Of course I'm excited. I started the idea of the meet. :icon_bigg Suprahero, you shouldn't need much tuning with the lexus afm. You can think of it like a stock setup but a little beefier. I just got my stage 3 clutch installed yesturday and it's working great. I don't think I'm going to have time for anything else to be done to my car. Hope to have a good crowd if the weather isn't bad. I'll keep a watch on it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not getting it tuned just for that. I have my new turbo on and I want to see if I'm getting better than the 251 rwhp that I was getting with my stock ct26. I just hope that I can get my parts in and installed fast enough.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
suprahero said:
Just ordered my 255 fuel pump, I'm trying to order a lexus afm. Do I have to have the larger injectors? If so, the guy that built my turbo said he will sell me six of them for 100.00. I'm trying to get all of this done before March 16. I still have to take it and have it tuned.

Come on guys lets hear some enthusiasm about meeting some fellow supra owners. Hope everyone that is able will be there at the track MARCH 16. I know if the lord's willing and the creek dont rise, I'll be there. Me and my wife.

You don't really need bigger injectors with the lexus, just make sure you can flow more fuel. This can be accomplished with tuning as long as your stock injectors are up to the task.I'm sticking with my 440s but I also have a fuel pump, afpr and I'm going to get my SAFC tuned.

The only reason people say to get 550s is because it flows about 25% more fuel which matches the lexus' 25% more unmetered air. So you can run them untuned.Then again if the guy has a set for 100.00, thats a pretty good deal.

My car is running good just trying to get some odds and ends taken care of. Also getting registered and insured is harder then expected. It should be all good by the 16th. I'm probably going to head to Steele before that though.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
How many of us are going to try and be there Thursday night?
1> Suprahero
2>MKIIIVixen
3>
3>
5>
6>
Come on guys let's show some mustangs what's up! Just like to meet some of you and learn a little more about our cars.

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
How many of us are going to try and be there Thursday night?
1>casper35404 (and friends?)
2>Suprahero
3>MKIIIVixen
3>
5>
6>
Come on guys let's show some mustangs what's up! Just like to meet some of you and learn a little more about our cars.

Supra60-1

May 29, 2005
Alabama
How many of us are going to be there Thursday night?
1>casper35404 (and friends?)
2>Suprahero
3>MKIIIVixen
3>Supra60-1(and friends from alabamaracingscene.net)
5>
6>

My supra will not be there.:cry:
I will just be there to meet you guys and chill with friends.

Any good times expected????:icon_bigg

Adam B.

Last edited: