Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area Supra meet

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
How many of us are going to be there Thursday night?
1>casper35404 (and friends?)
2>Suprahero
3>MKIIIVixen
3>Supra60-1(and friends from alabamaracingscene.net)
5>staticpat
6>

If I get my car registered and tuned I will be there. Plenty of time for all that.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Their isn't any hitch going to stop me from going. I may not run that well, but I will be there. I'll be the old 35 year old man in the blue metallic supra with the good looking wife.

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
LOL. I don't see why you wouldn't run. You'd have one of the fastest cars there. Plenty of power to beat those Mustangs. I'm running "alright". Not the best. This recent heat has been killing my performance. I'm surprised at the difference. I'll be there right at 5 and try to get a practice run or two in before the crowd (if there is one) gets there. Can't wait.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There saying that it's 60% chance of rain. Hopefully they miss it like they usually do. Hope to see everyone there.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Well no one showed up but me and Casper. I was really wanting to see some supras represent, but apparently it wasn't that big a deal for them. Casper and I got on the track and represented. Neither one of us ran that good, but we did get out there. My first time was a 9.15, and then a 9.25, and then a 10.55...I was spinning a good bit, but it was the first time I had ever seen the track. I liked the place. It had a pretty good track. It was just a little slick, but I don't own any slicks. (yet)
Hopefully next time we can meet at Bama Dragway and a few more will show up. Casper has a sweet looking silver car. It ran pretty good. I think he was having problems off the line a little. It kind of bogged down on him a little. I had a few people admiring my car, I just wish it ran a little better. I want to go to a 1/4 mile track and see how I do there. It takes me a while to get spooled up, thererfore my 1/8 mile track times are slow.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I really wanted to go but my front main is leaking really bad. There's no way they would let me run, I'd be spilling all over the track. Also the car still aint registered/insured.

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
Here are my time sheets. Like suprahero said, I couldn't start for crap. The Mustang, I bogged down. The Nova, my shifter popped out of first. The RX-7, I had insane wheel hop which somehow caused the #6 plug wire to pop off the plug. It was fun anyways. I enjoyed representing the Supra name. Wished everybody could have been there.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 7

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll find my slips and post them later on. I've got to get ready for a golf tournament for the Cancer Society. My friends wife organizes the tournament and I play in it every year.
Hang in there Casper. After we run a few more times and get the hang of it we'll be posting like 7.20's...............................NOT! Surely, we'll get better though. See you around.
Staticpat, love the new pictures of your car on your avatar. Looking sweeeet.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I cant make my scanner work right now. I went to bama saturday night 3-25-06 and ran some good times. My best was an 8.75. I smoked two gt's, one dodge hemi ram, one ss mantecarlo, and a truck that ran like a 12 second.
I then blew my head gasket, so I will be rebuilding her shortly. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I haven't made up my mind yet. I don't know where I can get the machining done on the block if I pull it. Do you know of someone locally that can and will do that?

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
TVR is going to be doing mine as soon as I'm prepared to do it. They're here in Tuscaloosa. If you need their number just let me know. They really know their stuff.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I'm working on an engine myself. I was planning on having PAECO do all my machine work but there milling machine (or whatever its called) is getting repaired and won't be back for a while. I need to get my crank reground and some work done to the block.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I just decided to replace the head gasket. My cylinder walls look brand new. They are freaking perfect. I've orderd arp studs, oem head gasket kit, divorced downpipe. I'm going to take my turbo and have it checked since it is off of the car. I have a little shaft play in it and it pisses me off, cause the thing is practically brand new. I did have a pretty big hole in my bottom i.c. pipe. I think the turbo was having to work too hard. The air was leaving it faster than it could spool it up. Hope to have mine running by next saturday. My head is suppose to be ready friday or monday. The other parts won't be here till middle or later of next week. Good luck with your rebuilds.........lol