turbos that bolt upto the stock 7mgt manifold.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
If you really price them out, it'll be $1600+. I can get $150-$200 off retail
(useually) for the BOSS turbos. Plus I'm able to get some freshly rebuilt
Garrett turbos and use the BOSS stainless rear housing to make a BOSS-550
style turbo for less $$.

(ok they can be had for less, but most people wanting the BOSS housing are
wanting the stave 5 or P trim, and wanna make 500+rwhp, and THOSE are $1600+)

Jeff

Last edited:

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I believe with the BOSS units, the warranty is void if their lines are not purchased, so in my opinion, it's not an optional thing but a requirement to purchase, and I think for $235 they're kind of hosing you (pun intended) :)

Turbonetics offers a 1yr replacement no questions asked, SP is very flexible in their warranty as well from what I've read.

I'm still undecided what to do, my car is in the shop getting worked on (car audio) then it has an apppointment with the air conditioning people, after all that's done I'll make my decision and buy something.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
/\ SP is great with their warranty stuff. ask me i know. they warranty'ed my 61GT even after a year AND they ate the bill for my new compressor wheel! this is one of the reasons i am so pro SP. you call them and you get a person on the phone everytime! you ask a question in their forum and you get an answer quickly. the stock manifold is good to what, 600hp? are you really going to push your car that hard? if not why use a bazooka when a .45 will do the job?

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
MKIIINA said:
/\ are you really going to push your car that hard? if not why use a bazooka when a .45 will do the job?

But with everything, soon your .45 will not be big enough, so why not just start with a bazooka using smaller ammo, and gradually go bigger.... :biglaugh:

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
^ thats what I'm going with.. I figure I do all supporting mods so when the funding comes available to go with tubular mani + t60-66 or something along those lines; I will be able to adapt it and go straight for big power.

I think I may be one of the only people to go front facing intake mani on the stock CT26...

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
hey jeff, i would love to know how you are getting the boss turbine housing when ITS and SS are in direct contract. also i pretty much speak with SS everyday and this is news to me