Turbo eating monster help!

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
stevenr816;1745050 said:
Here's what you need to do. Get a wideband plug, drill/tap to 1/8 npt and hook it up to a boost gauge to measure post turbo backpressure. Which is exactly what your thirst is showing the positive wear.

Just my .02
I've read plenty on vsr vs assembly balance. That turbo I kept blowing up, the bearing housing was tweaked. As soon ad I changed it it's lasted since then (6 months).

Ya, I have access to a back-pressure gauge and as soon as i get the turbo back on that is the first thing i will do, It just weird to think im out flowing a full 3in exhaust. Especially with a 60 trim.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Albert;1745060 said:
BTW: This is the exact same turbo that was on my car. (ITS IN MY AVATAR) Boosting up to 19psi on it. I had NO problems what so ever. Was rebuilt by Joel when I first got the turbo because I sucked up slug from my manifold, damaged my p-Trim and got it replace. drove it for 1 and a half years, no problem.

Justin I honestly think its the setup. Why does your feed look so big???? My looks so much smaller. Like I said on the phone try to run a oil pressure sensor pre and post for back pressure.

Try running just down pipe?

Is this the 3rd or 4th time this thing as blown up?

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

60 trims are fine. its the 60-1 that get the bad rep, BTW. dont confuse them

Its the second time it has blown. My feed looks bigger then yours most likely because i assembled it my self. The pre-made stuff always looks smaller. its -4. Im sure its something with my setup but what? To me it seems like it would be coming from post turbo exhaust pressure, that why i found a gauge for it 3 months ago. i just haven't had a chance to test it because i work ALOT. PVC is also i good idea, Im sure my motor probably has alot more blow by then your 1j. I built my motor loose, so that might be why i didn't effect yours. Honestly it happens to fast, i felt it right before i did two hard pulls and it almost doubled the amount of play.

Last edited:

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Okay lets bring this thing back to life no that you got your turbo back. I wanna know whats causing it