Tremec TR-6060 (T56 Magnum).. Going to try it. Any coments. Interest....

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
What trow-out bearing is this... and what clutch are you using?

See if you can mock it up in the tunnel and see what the clearance issues would be. From what mesurments I have it should be ok.

captdale

Aug 29, 2008
hawaii
Hi everybody - I'm still here. Just busy getting the coilovers done and waiting for the weld on the cage. I did the Bilstein mod with hypercoils. 600 on the front and 400 on the rear. I'll call Ross tomorrow and see how its going for the bell. Did get the toyota clutch type LSD installed also and thats a trip compared to the open diff. Different. Nice. Also got the nitrous bottle emergence blow off fitting for the bottle and scared up the fittings and braided line so it will dump to the outside. They wouldn't let me run it at the track last time out as it would blow to the inside. Its only a 75 shot at this point and I've never run nitrous so that should be a gas. In a manner of speaking :) see ya cd

captdale

Aug 29, 2008
hawaii
2JZ - Its a Mcleod. Here is the link. http://www.mcleodind.com/application_guide_pgs/HYDTOB_BoltOn.html

I'm running a Power House Racing performance clutch right now. One of the better ones I've used. About 3K miles on it with lots of hard use and its performed without flaw so far. I'm only making maybe 550 hp max at the crank so no big deal. 18 lbs of boost. Thats why I was interested in the multi disc types. Running 10 inch (?) MT radial drag slicks at the track. Goodrich HP street tires. BTW with the street tires it will scratch 3rd and 4th on dry pavement with a speed shift so putting down okay torque and its holding. By the time its into 4th I'm going way faster then I'm comfortable with on the street anyway. It does get down the road. cd

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
Wellits been a while and havent had updates but its all getting closer... Here is a pic of the cad for the bell-housing I also have dimentional drawings but I cant post those... sorry...

Attachments

• RM-4030..jpg
    RM-4030..jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 53
  • RM-4030draw..JPG
    RM-4030draw..JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 50

captdale

Aug 29, 2008
hawaii
OKAY - WOW - Took awhile but by golly Ross came through and I received my new bell housing last week. Solid and looks like the real deal. Anybody else getting ready to do this mod ? I have a brand new T-56 magnum already and a hydraulic TO. Now the problem is trying to decide if I want to do it or not. I'm getting really old and tired about this time and just don't know. My darn body is failing me ;) .Will probably do it . The car is my DD and still runs the strongest of any car I have ever driven and still have not turned on the NOS. I have the boost set at 18. Got to be careful as it will really pucker my butt when I get on it. Way too much car for this ole man. Did install a new toyota LSD but am afraid to do the NOS and blow the 5 spd. Have been holding off until the Tremec. I want to run it at least once before I sell it just to see what it will do. Also did the Beilstein shocks and coilover mod and that worked out fine. Anyway, anybody doing this also please check in and lets share the mod. I will take pics etc. when and if I do it. take care cd

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Ive got that file, even modified it a bit on the perimeter to fit the tranny shape better. I can send the original and mine. Either way, I recomend dial indicating the bellhousing in once bolted to the engine, mine was out .020.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
nathaninwa;1981874 said:
Ive got that file, even modified it a bit on the perimeter to fit the tranny shape better. I can send the original and mine. Either way, I recomend dial indicating the bellhousing in once bolted to the engine, mine was out .020.

Where did you get the bellhousing?