TPS? COUPLE questions supra newb

MK3Supraman

May 28, 2009
olathe,ks
bought 87 supra turbo 5 speed targa no rust bright yellow for 2k fresh tigerjap swap 40k on motor

i get it home and notice the wat i think the tps had the sensor unplugged. so when i plugged it in it started to idle rev from 1k to 500 an throws code random at 500 then back up

next

notice something drippin on my downpipe after i stop the car but i check my oil and its still at full any ideas? not coolant

also

oil pressure only hittin like 38 psi at 3k(wont go higher) gauge broke?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
What specific ECU code?

Sure it's not coolant? There's a couple coolant hoses near that area. You could add some UV dye to your oil and check with a black light in a couple days.

Your oil pressure is in spec:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=LU&P=4

It is on the low side though...might want to check with a mechanical gauge at the sensor location. The fitting is 1/8" BSPT.

MK3Supraman

May 28, 2009
olathe,ks
jdub;1332181 said:
What specific ECU code?

Sure it's not coolant? There's a couple coolant hoses near that area. You could add some UV dye to your oil and check with a black light in a couple days.

Your oil pressure is in spec:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=LU&P=4

It is on the low side though...might want to check with a mechanical gauge at the sensor location. The fitting is 1/8" BSPT.

its not coolant its oily like ps or oil which probably relates to low oil presusure??wats around that area that has oil?

also code just flashes at 500 then disappears in a second

anybody with the tps?

MK3Supraman

May 28, 2009
olathe,ks
from wat i got codes were

and

so 14 is that like plug wires an sparks?

and 25 thats a lot of stuff to check but i get horrible gas mileage so oxygen sensor?

also car is BONE STOCK so idk runnin lean

but fuel pressure would make sense since i have to try twice to start it

Last edited:

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I would try the external igniter ground(search it) its cheap and easy. Not sure if it will do anything though.
Also check your TPS per TSRM.
I'm certain it has nothing to do with your spark plug wires.

BTW...Nice Ride:cool:

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
Very nice looking car. I blew the headgasket to hell on my 87 na and i was looking to get a new Tigerjapanese engine. Hows that engine holding up for you?

MK3Supraman

May 28, 2009
olathe,ks
Jokervrs;1334721 said:
Very nice looking car. I blew the headgasket to hell on my 87 na and i was looking to get a new Tigerjapanese engine. Hows that engine holding up for you?

o man runs like a dream havnt had a problem yet

guy got it and drove 20k on it and ive had it for 1.5k

runs so good no problem lots of power

only thing is valve cover gasket drippin on my down pipe lol every once in a while

thanks guys means a lot love this car i finally got one after tryin for 6 years lol finally let go of all my hondas :biglaugh:

got the ride for 2k flat :sarcasm: