Tookwik's 7M-GTE COP ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
tookwik4u89 said:
90t04.....any word on the cutting out?

I just bought a new set of toyota wires and a new toyota coil pack harness, extended the harness and installed the parts last night. I havent got a chance to drive it yet but i will be doing so shortly. Ill update as soon as I get back...

90T04

Mar 30, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.azsupras.com
That definitely fixed it! I was running a set of 5 year old NGK wires previously on the stock 100K mile coils. Just made a couple 15psi passes and she purrs all the way up to redline, well more like growls with the open wastegate dump...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
90T04 said:
That definitely fixed it! I was running a set of 5 year old NGK wires previously on the stock 100K mile coils. Just made a couple 15psi passes and she purrs all the way up to redline, well more like growls with the open wastegate dump...

SWEEEEEET!!!!!!! I knew those Red Raiders were good for something. Great job with this Ken.................:bowdown:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Ignition wires are extremely important. Luckily, Toyota uses the best they can get their hands on, in my proffessional opinion.

Check this out.

ignition%20wire%205.JPG

The car had a very slight roughness to it. Most did not notice. As bad as that wire looks, you would think the car had a dead miss. But I think that is just how good the wire is.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
car-parts.com has a good selection, but its hard to find a dealer that has all 3. you may have to buy 1 or 2 from different sellers. I found one that had 3 for $25 each, paid him, then get a call the next day saying they only had one, so its kindof hit and miss. I ended up getting a like-new set from a lexus forum member for $150 shipped.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
If someone can post a drawing with measurements for a cover, I have a guy that said he can make them out of carbon fiber, I thought it would look good. Dont know how much but it wont hurt to find out right?

I am going to do this soon as we get to that point in my rebuild. I think I am going to spring for a new set

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
am I officially the third to do this? I just got it all wired up and the car idles and revs GREAT! All in all I think it took about 45 minutes from start to finish.

Need to go boost a little but so far its perfect! Just have to make my brackets now.

WoooooHOOOOO!!!

Edit:

9 PSI finds this mod well and good! Woooohoo :) Time for a badass cover now!

Last edited:

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Enraged said:
i ordered the first set of wires from 935, ill let you guys know how they are. they should arrive about the same time as the coils.

are his wires the same length as stock is300 wires?

It'd be nice if he could make them the length they should be, they were a hair long I noticed on mine...

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Is anyone who has theirs running already using autolites 3923 sparkplugs? They had always said that these plugs were a tiny bit shorter than the densos. I was test fittings my coils today, with my autolites, and its doesnt feel like it sit right. I dont feel/hear that little click that usually confirms that it made connection to the plug. I havnt started it yet, so I cant say for sure. so Tookwik, Justin, 90t4 could you see that happening with the autolites? (I did remove the plug galley cover)

Thanks