Tokico HP, KYB GR-2, Illuminas... Which One?

Which shocks should I use?

• Get the Tokico Illumina II's (TEMS, $450). They're worth the extra money.

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Get the Tokico HP's ($240). It's not worth the money to keep TEMS.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Get the KYB GR-2's ($160). Best bang for the buck!

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Get something else, you moron! (Please tell me which ones)

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

supraphoenix

broke and hating it
Mar 14, 2009
Colorado
since you are interested in going the coilover route but you "need" to replace them now, I voted for the kyb replacement strut. I am against spending the money twice, but maybe if you go big with the bilsteins then you won't feel the need to change to coilovers (unlikely if you are going to seriously road race you will want coilovers) just my 2 cents...

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
just curious, what if his response for what he wants was a "fun daily driver"? Im getting some Eibach springs for my 87 NA so I was just curious lol

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I went with KYB and EiBach. I like the softer ride of my DD, plus if I blow out a strut, lifetime warranty! Sweetness. I like the Tein coilovers, they would be my next purchase IF I decide to keep the old car for a track/autocross car. Depending on what you REALLY want to do.......

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Typically, if you're not spending $20000, the adjustable dampening on coil overs isn't worth a damn. I know so-n-so said his work pretty awesome, but the ass-dyno and a shock dyno are not typically the same thing.

Bilsteins and some springs and be done with it. Adjustable coilover suspension is just marketing crap that big companies sell to people who read too many car magazine advertisements. Ranks up there with "this filter will add 5 more horsepower, dyno proven"... when the error range of a dyno can be as high as 10hp to begin with. It's just hype.