Tis how we do it Down Under!.. project 7MGTE (now running YAY)

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
Mr.PFloyd;1386568 said:
does that setup work with a stock motor setup? i am assuming you need to run a alt lowering bracket.

yer bro thats all you need...

chefma70;1386572 said:
now that i look at it.

A. im going to steal that ffim idea and

B. IJ pointed out a very good point you should flip your u bend over i think it will keep the flowing air cooler since its not going over the hot side of the turbo.

A: go nuts lol..

B: running it in the other direction, will force me to use very sharp bends which i really dont like using in my IC pipe designs... that and its purely just for maintenance sake, running it that way just clears up room around the CAS and sensors area.... bonnet will be getting air vents above turbo (eventually) to keep bay temps to a min.... turbo rear housing will be getting sufficient heat shielding also...

other wise, i'm going for a clean sleek look in the engine bay.... well trying that is.....

keep the comments flowin, and throw me some new ideas...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
icpipes09.jpg

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
IJ.;1386587 said:
Grab some of the ACL Heatshield material from Repco it's brilliant!
(really easy to form and is very effective when I tested it here with an IR gun)

ahhhh yes good reminder i have used it once before, mate gave me left overs, was good stuff.... do repco hold it now?

Repco: tend to be useless, only found a few stores that weren't run by kids
Supercheap: yep run by kids, only a set few which were clicked on
Bursons: pritty good...
AutoBarn: you need to know someone or its a rip off...

you by any chance remember how much per sheet?

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
IJ.;1386597 said:
Yes Repco keep it in stock, I pay about $37 for the small sheets.
(I have contacts there so get brilliant service)

oh nice, i'll go see how much the large sheet is later today....

oh heres one for ya IJ... remember back in the day you could buy a white marker to touch up white walls/lettering on tyres... know of anyone who sells that still? tyre places seem to have gotten smarter and send out the tyre to get it done for $$$

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The small sheets cover a LOT of area :)

Dunno on the Whitewall markers sorry but coloured sidewalls are now illegal here (new law was passed recently) so the days of shops sending them out will be a thing of the past, just the latest in the a line of car related no no's.
(raising/lowering by more than 50mm will be here soon as well)

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
IJ.;1386609 said:
The small sheets cover a LOT of area :)

Dunno on the Whitewall markers sorry but coloured sidewalls are now illegal here (new law was passed recently) so the days of shops sending them out will be a thing of the past, just the latest in the a line of car related no no's.
(raising/lowering by more than 50mm will be here soon as well)

awesome so VIC is getting screwed again i see :3d_frown:, i think it might be time to move to NZ....

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
IJ.;1386617 said:
They say shit flows downhill and most of this is coming from NSW ;)

Too damn cold in NZ for me!

lol, on the bright side of things think of how your car will run in constant cool weather... think of the intake temps...

oh true NSW is to blame.....

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
berniek;1386633 said:
Hi. Not to be critical. However, the turbo discharge piping looks like it could induce too much pressure drop. Why not face the turbo outlet like stock, with only one elbow going into the IC?

BernieK
BernieK@technicaldevelop.com

turbo out let is facing that way due to the oil filter relocation with thermostat, if moved back to original outlet position it would interfere with the -10AN fittings and lines....

all the intercooler piping is mandrel bent, and if i can be bothered, Purge Welded through out..... so i'm pritty sure there should be no pressure drop in the piping system even with the length of it, size of piping has be port matched to the outlet of the turbo...

hope that answers your question ...

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Have you checked for clearance between hood (bonnet) and the new intake pipe and the turbo outlet? Just thought Id ask since you dont have the hood on during fab. Its ez to forget about.

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Keep in mind that the hood has bracing that falls below the fender line. Im just saying this because my custom intake touched the bracing and I had to cut a section of it out. But it was alot closer to the light where the whole situation tapers down. It does look to be in good standing by the pics. Hella good job. Cant wait.