Tis how we do it Down Under!.. project 7MGTE (now running YAY)

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
mk3design;1384788 said:
Nice work on the manifold, I saw one like that on SupraForums like 7 years ago, but this one is definitely better. Maybe a vender will pick up on this idea and make a cheaper solution for everyone else.

Great job for thinking outside the box!

That would be a great idea!!I hope a vender picks up on this or I hope he even dose a group buy.I cant see this running to much and it's something a lot of supra owners want to change on there 7M.

-----------------------

WOW I love that FFIMA that was very very creative keep up the good work

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
MK3.0dudeman;1387094 said:
That would be a great idea!!I hope a vender picks up on this or I hope he even dose a group buy.I cant see this running to much and it's something a lot of supra owners want to change on there 7M.

-----------------------

WOW I love that FFIMA that was very very creative keep up the good work

wouldnt mind a vendor picking it up for you guys in the US, so long as i get some credit for it say like a coffee or a discount to something lol.... no bigie....

its pritty straight forward guys, just get someone to produce 2 identical 5-10mm thick flanges and some mandrel bends and your pritty much set... i'm still working on what car to steal the throttle cable from.... by the looks its coming off a mitsubishi of some sort....

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Just some thoughts on the manifold. Have you put the hood on yet? It is a lot thicker then you think! Also have you put the radiator in? I am curious if you are going to be able to fit any piping in there it seems like it sticks quiet a bit to far foward to get piping in there.

But cool build!

Seth

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
non of the new piping and corresponding acc, passes the height of the stock 7m intake pipe.. so it should be okay..... but i'm willing to chop the bonnet for that purpose lol....

the radiator clears the piping by 1.5 inches or more, everything is mocked up and ready to be completely welded and pressure tested....

its the 2nd time i'v done a performance build on this supra, this time hopefully we can get it on a dyno and see what she has got!... its when all the hard work pays off (if the owner doesn't blow it up first that is lol....)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
pbasil1;1387498 said:
love the intake mani! Very unique!

This looks like a great build... cant wait to see the end product!

thanks bro... after initial run in... were going straight for the power figures....

update... more work..

finished welding up the IC pipe's (yes some are recycled from the old set up) but still need to put a bead on the ends for the joiners to hold on too...

Mitsubishi Coils.... for the cleaner look.. don't know if were leaving the rocker covers stock color....... hurm......

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Hey great work, i too love the simple but affective intake ffim design! Whats the story on the mitsubishi coils, what are they off?

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
wiseco7mgt;1388233 said:
Hey great work, i too love the simple but affective intake ffim design! Whats the story on the mitsubishi coils, what are they off?

they are off pritty much any 4G63 DOHC from Galant GSR/VR4 to EVO0-3 and 4G93 DOHC (pre MIVEC), there all the same, alot smaller and easier to hide, can also fit a thicker diam ign lead into it....

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Never heard of anyone using these coil packs before. Is the duration and saturation characteristics of the stock ECM gonna work with them? Interested to see.

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
Txsupra;1388470 said:
Never heard of anyone using these coil packs before. Is the duration and saturation characteristics of the stock ECM gonna work with them? Interested to see.

should work, i can't see much of a difference between them besides size... but i will double check before start up...

heres todays happy snap....

just wiring and hoses shove some fluids in, then installing SAFC and gauges... and where almost done...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
love the build mate!

good to see another tough aussie supra!

I am pretty much convinced I am going to make something similar to your ffim setup.

that is ingenious!

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
love the intake but what is the reason for clocking the turbo like that?

i didnt read any earlier post so if already covered then discard.

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
AndyMac;1392593 said:
love the build mate!

good to see another tough aussie supra!

I am pretty much convinced I am going to make something similar to your ffim setup.

that is ingenious!

Thanks for the kind comments

would love come to a supra meet one day in Aus where majority were old schools.... but thats just a wish.. i see alot more rotting in the trading post then on the road...

san supra;1392605 said:
i didnt read any earlier post so if already covered then discard.

oh easy, its due to the remote oil filter lines etc, they dont leave you much room, and if the turbo was facing the normal direction it would have exited directly into the oil lines....

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
updates

slotted rotors all round
stainless steel brake lines/clutch line
street/race pads all round

Koni rear shocks and lowered springs, Adjustable front Teins

and my old set of SSR 17X8 and 17X9

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
was a good days work

new fuel pump is in and who ever decided to put the fuel filter in the position its in on the MK3, should be shot! if you dont take off the fuel tank, you would never know the filter was there...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

after 20mins of priming the oiling system and checking the fuel system for leaks etc.. we plugged in the ECU and left over wires..... and what do ya know it started first turn! surprisingly idles fine even with the 550's and lexus AFM... you may be able to hear a slight knocking noise, it seems to be coming from the CAS it self (and not the bottom end, thank F*#K), so might change that with our spare and see how we go. but i seemed to have fluked the timing cause it started first go lol, we were at least expecting one explosion :p

[/IMG]
fuel at stock base pressure
oil around the 5-6 bar marker
and ironicly no engine light YAY

and a small tour around, idling smoothly at 850rpm.....
[/IMG]

now for the slight problems... cyl 2 doesn't seem to be firing/working, when i pull off the ignition lead the engine does not respond to it... but taking off any of the others the engine seems to bog slightly. checking the spark plug from cyl 2, it doesnt seem to have any residue or left over fuel content on it etc, which leads me to believe that injector #2 is not working. but testing injector #6 (as they run in parallel) works fine. i will check the wiring going to injector #2 tomorrow and see if it maybe that......

but in all, a months wait for an engine that starts first go..... i think i need a beer :naughty:....

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Yes the fuel filter is a PITA but that's cause Toyota designed it to last the lifetime of the car or something like that. I've only replaced one for piece of mind not for being blocked so they definitely get the job done.
Good to see it's all started easy for you, can't wait for the results after it's all tuned.

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
engine bay is finally done, tried to hide as much of the insane stock wiring in the engine bay... now to start the interior..... and electronics... car is also now closer to the ground, looks meaner.... lol...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
stock dash lights on the 86.5 Supra really do suck (dull)..... thought i would bring it up to date.....

from an orange/yellow (i think its originally green) to pure white..... approx 45 SMD LED's were used....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg