These Moutain Dew's in your area?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Murd;1481209 said:
Glass bottles don't contaminate the beverage like plastic or aluminum will.

Believe it or not the inside of a can is coated to prevent contamination ;)

Still tastes differently though, especially if you drink directly from the can instead of pouring into a glass.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
Yes they are coated, however yes, it does decay over time. Soda is an acid of sorts. Which is why glass is the best container to drink it out of.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nooooope, the coating is what protects the can from the acid. Try drinking from a glass instead of straight from the can, it DOES make a difference. There are expiration dates on sodas for many reasons as well...

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I love the throwback, I had the mountain dew last year and got hooked on it then they stop selling it. Everyone write in and demand they make this a full time product not a limited time only deal...

This year I'm eager for the pepsi however!

Who

Supramania Contributor
My local Publix here in Florida is carrying Mountain dew throwback and they have placed a huge display right by the front door.
I go to a Colombian restaurant and they sell coke in a glass bottle made in Guatemala. It taste very different than USA bottled coke. I figured it was the water they used. I will have to check the label for sugar.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Who;1481821 said:
I go to a Colombian restaurant and they sell coke in a glass bottle made in Guatemala. It taste very different than USA bottled coke. I figured it was the water they used. I will have to check the label for sugar.

It contains sugar. Coke's water is just whatever is available via the local water supply that is further dechlorinated, RO/DI filtered and purified using ultraviolet light. The Coke water standard is pretty strict, it's about as close to pure H20 as you can get.

The difference is in the concentrate, which in areas where sugar cane is grown (like Latin America), contains sugar, and in places (like the US) where corn is grown it contains that nasty corn syrup crap. It's more expensive to ship sugar cane to places like the US than it is to take surplus corn and let genetically engineered bacteria eat it and excrete corn syrup.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
WOOOOOTTTTT I found some, drinking one right now, there were only 3 cases left! I gots them all!!11!!11

AND THE TASTE IS SO MUCH SMOOTHER! Its awesome!

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Just picked up an array of throwback sodas! I had tasted the Pepsi throwback from a bottle last sumer, but couldn't find it afterwards. Yay for Cub foods!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
don't forget guys, another chance to get all the good stuff is apparently as Passover time, as Jewish religious practices forbid the drinking of certain products during that time... it just so happens that coke made with HFCS is one of those products, but coke made with cane sugar is not...

i'm not sure how the different products are marked on the shelf, but apparently they're available for a couple of weeks in various states...

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
Poodles;1481192 said:
Supposedly in taste tests people can't tell the difference between high fructose corn syrup and cane sugar.

Either their taste testers don't have taste buds or their lying because it's obvious to me...

You know what made me laugh? The coke Zero ads they were playing in the states while we were there... with the Coke marketing guys drinking coke zero in their cubicles 'for research'

I laughed because it's closer to the truth than coke would like to admit...

If you pour a glass of australian coke and a glass of coke zero, and put them side by side, you'll be hard pressed to pick which one is which, sure, they taste slightly different, but not enough that you could actually discern which one is which...

try that with australian coke and american coke... it's easy to pick.. as soon as the american coke hits the back of your throat, that oily, corny aftertaste starts to build... :)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
toyotanos

indeedly!

Super target, Target Greatland, Cub foods, rainbow, byerly's/lunds, walmart, they all carry it currently.

All I can say is that I might start drinking soda regularly if this becomes a mainstay. :)

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
FIL;1482498 said:
You know what made me laugh? The coke Zero ads they were playing in the states while we were there... with the Coke marketing guys drinking coke zero in their cubicles 'for research'

I laughed because it's closer to the truth than coke would like to admit...

If you pour a glass of australian coke and a glass of coke zero, and put them side by side, you'll be hard pressed to pick which one is which, sure, they taste slightly different, but not enough that you could actually discern which one is which...

try that with australian coke and american coke... it's easy to pick.. as soon as the american coke hits the back of your throat, that oily, corny aftertaste starts to build... :)

The military also gets a different coke zero than the public gets. They have different sugar substitutes.

NoKittenMKIII

40mm BOOM
Mar 22, 2009
Sands of Iraq
bmoss85;1482979 said:
The military also gets a different coke zero than the public gets. They have different sugar substitutes.

I tell you, Turkish Diet Coke sucks, but we didn't have Coke Zero downrange last go round. I admit that Coke Zero is better than diet out here.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
General public coke zero has Aspartame

The military coke zero has Saccharin

I work in the beverage can industry and have seen a lot of neat cans.

NoKittenMKIII

40mm BOOM
Mar 22, 2009
Sands of Iraq
bmoss85;1482987 said:
General public coke zero has Aspartame

The military coke zero has Saccharin

I work in the beverage can industry and have seen a lot of neat cans.

So how do I go about finding this military Coke Zero? Would it be at on-post stores, or only in the dining facilities? Basically, does it come bottled?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Man, just picked up another 20pz pf Pepsi throw back... tasty stuff.

I have to agree with a previous poster, unlike normal Pepsi where I just want to down it, I sip this and put it down. A bottle last me almost 4-5 hours.. lol.

Maybe that is why Pepsi uses the HFCS.