The time has come

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
So my new Turbo came in today. Man it is a beast. Thanks Rob. FYI Modular Turbo is a legit company. And Rob knows his shit.
Also got my Power steering res from BEECH, My swing out door bar clevises.

Only pic I have now.

MC78 F1 65 .68 a/r

imageyv.jpg

Compairison of the old PT63 to the MC78
imagefg.jpg

Last edited:

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
After about 3 hrs of wrestling the motor/transmission to get it in. I have failed today. I for some reason am having serious issues getting it to go back far enough on both sides. Can get one in but not both. Maybe if I had help I wouldn't struggle so much. Perhaps I should remove the intake and try?

On a positive note I have gotten more parts in (go figure) got my bottle bracket, Harness's, linelock and line kit. Modified my Dump tube. I did get my door bar welded in next will be cutting it down and adding the swing out kit. And installed my Line Lock. All my ABS and A/C removed. As well as have all the engine bay wiring sorted out.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
So Finally got my Motor in. Must say, I don't wanna have to do that by myself again.

A few pics
dsc01471d.jpg

dsc01469ks.jpg

dsc01472pq.jpg

Things should start to take place now.

I see some problems with the downpipe though. I really don't think it will fit.

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
is that a long or short runner exhaust manifold? and how are the clearances as far as the compressor housing to the runners when you clock the turbo, and if you can, what the measurement of the compressor housing to the shock tower, Im trying to get rid of my tubular manifold, but i wanna make sure Im not wasting time if the clearances are the same or worst

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
grifter679;1542502 said:
is that a long or short runner exhaust manifold? and how are the clearances as far as the compressor housing to the runners when you clock the turbo, and if you can, what the measurement of the compressor housing to the shock tower, Im trying to get rid of my tubular manifold, but i wanna make sure Im not wasting time if the clearances are the same or worst

It's a short. The clearance to the runners is CLOSE. It is shimmed with 2 or 3 shims. As for the shock tower. Plenty of clearance. Like maybe 2". I'll get some detailed pics tomorrow and send them to you.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Got a few things done today. Welded the clevis brackets in the swing-out kit for the door bar. Made all the connections for the fuel. Mounted the Nitrous control box and ran the lines for it and the purge kit.
imagecya.jpg

imageosc.jpg

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
I really need to get off my ass and do some work on this car. Only excuse is im pathetic. I did get the AEM mounted and all the sensors wired into the right terminals. As well as ran ALL of my wires for the fuse block in the rear for the guages and electronics.
Mounted my Trans and Oil coolers and plumbed them.

Just got my PUSH/PULL--ON/OFF. My Traction arms from Beech.

Guess the real problem is I have been working on the Bike.

Made this.
dsc01451ku.jpg

Into this.
imageqbr.jpg

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
VooDoo;1568202 said:
I really need to get off my ass and do some work on this car. Only excuse is im pathetic. I did get the AEM mounted and all the sensors wired into the right terminals. As well as ran ALL of my wires for the fuse block in the rear for the guages and electronics.
Mounted my Trans and Oil coolers and plumbed them.

Just got my PUSH/PULL--ON/OFF. My Traction arms from Beech.

Guess the real problem is I have been working on the Bike.

Made this.
dsc01451ku.jpg

Into this.
imageqbr.jpg

I like the bike...but the supra will be so much more fun :)

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Ive really been slacking. Its only high 90's down in south Ga with 100% humidity. But i am soon going to be back on the path again. Just down to tying in the wiring. And paint consideration before full interior install.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Well spent a few hrs in the shop wiring up the console and all the electronics. Put rear carpet in and am gonna finish all the wiring into the fuse block tomorrow ALONG with wiring the ON/OFF for the battery. Then put front carpet in and seats. Pic to shortly follow. I have decided to put cosmetics on the back burner. I am just ready for this to run.

So in all the list to complete is as follows.

1. Get driveshaft built
2. Get I/C piping built
3. Install and plumb radiator
4. Prime oil system
5. Find and buy a 3.73 LSD and drop the 3.91
6. I assume I am gonna need a drive shaft loop.

TUNE AND GO.

im sure there is more thats not thought of.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
So the trunk and all the main wiring is done. All thats left for wiring is putting in the on/off. Gonna get a switch instead of a push pull. Carpet is a tough job without all the interior being out. but I managed to get it in. Trunk turned out clean I feel.
dsc01571o.jpg

dsc01572c.jpg

dsc01574fm.jpg

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
No I just reinforced the wood and cut it out for the battery box. I'm hopeing for this thing to really come together in the next couple months. I do need another streering wheel. The one in there is really not what I'm wanting. Any suggestions?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
VooDoo;1621651 said:
No I just reinforced the wood and cut it out for the battery box. I'm hopeing for this thing to really come together in the next couple months. I do need another streering wheel. The one in there is really not what I'm wanting. Any suggestions?

Momo Corse

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
I'm such a looser. Been over a year since I put hands on this car. I am seriously considering selling and it parting it out!!!! I probably have 12-15k in this car.
My life is about work hunting and my Harley's.