The time has come

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
OK got the cage done. only fitted the door bar. I will weld it in after i get the swing out kit. I also mounted My shifter. Hurst V-matic2
dsc01322g.jpg

dsc01319y.jpg

dsc01318r.jpg

Shot of the door closed.

dsc01321h.jpg

This weekend will be motor finishing touches. Gonna start mounting guages and running wires.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Motor is done. Now I have to get ANOTHER stand to put it on cause mine will not work with my lift. Got my NHRA approved battery box today as well. Will have pics up tomorrow.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Some pics of the motor.
dsc01325f.jpg

dsc01332y.jpg

dsc01333af.jpg

dsc01340qw.jpg

My Oil filter adapter with ports for pressure and temp sensors, along with my turbo oil feed & drain.
dsc01327.jpg

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Motor is black. I used high- temp engine paint on the block. Valve covers and lower timing cover is powdercoated. As for the passanger door bar I'm not running the passanger side.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Yea Ill have to get out and take a pic today. I don't have it welded in the door bar yet just the plate. I don't want to fight getting in and out while I'm still assembling. I just notched it and test fit it for the pic.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Holidays have seemed to slow work down. Either way, I ordered all my fittings for my trans cooler and lines. Ordered my purge kit and blow down kit for the Nitrous. Also ordered my carpet from stockinteriors.com going black.

So I am going to hook up the lines to the tranny and mount it to the motor next. Im just not sure how much im going to have to beat on the transmission tunnel to get it to fit. Soon as I can sit this thing in the car and knock it out i can concern myself with the cosmetics.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Well after all this time as I was beating and banging on the firewall and trans tunnel I really began to look at my turbo. I questioned itand thought about it and decided that It needs to be bigger. Ill be damned if I am going to not reach my goal because of my turbo. So I talked to Rob at Modular Turbo. (Great Guy BTW) And decided that the turbo for me is going to be the Turbonetics MC78 F1 65 .68 a/r. So I can expect to upgrade in other locations other than the turbo. I am now worried that I should have gotten bigger injectors. Any input on this? Currently going to use 700cc from DM.

I imagine I will be doing more work on the head after I get this running and tuned properly. I don't really feel like I cheaped out anywere.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Tell me about it. I have bought more parts and sold them as I care to even think about. What started as a DD 350 hp build has completely flipped to so much more. From apexi NERO to Maft Pro to AEM. Stock auto tranny to Built TH350 with Transbrake. I don't think I will ever be done with this damn car. I have been on it for almost 2 yrs now.