The Supra hater experience

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
lowtaco;1615695 said:
Last time I went to the local Dragway they had a Mustang event. Well Im just gonna say they get quite pissy when an import starts bustin their ass. Thought I was going to have to leave early.

Eh, they're just upset they had to borrow their daughter/sister/mom's (possibly all three, considering KY...) car. The import thing is just a bit of salt in their wounds. ;)

termn8r2000

I'LL BE BACK..........
Apr 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I had a JA in a Civic laugh and point at me when I was waiting for AAA on the side of the road after my favorite coolant hose blew out one summer day on my home from work. That was fine though...at least I am not driving a Civic. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I actually had an older gentlemen ('60s) stop me at a red light to say that the MKIII ws the best looking car ever produced.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Heavy D;1615661 said:
i just got compliments on my car, even tho when i was doing my body work it looked like ass i still got good things about it, i even had people go into my parking lot just to look at it, and first thing they ask if its turbo. once i say yea, they get more into it

and then your shit ends up missing..

watch your car dude, I had the 89 and 86.5 stolen within 48 hours of each other..

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I don't notice too many folks looking at my car in this city.. now, if I go to the surrounding cities (much larger), then it seems to change quite a bit, but the roads also get much worse if I venture out too far.

when I mention I have a supra every now and then, most go oh really?!!!! -yeah, it's not the one that looks like NASA designed it to travel to Mars though. that's usually when they're like oh.. cool.

:squint:

older fellas sometimes will walk by (getting out of cars much nicer than a mk3) and say how great it looks, and they"ll reminisce about Supras and such..

Vacationtime247

Apr 17, 2009
Muncie, IN
Get props from the guys at the dragstrip. At the gas station or some other place stopped people always want to check it out. On the street my exhaust keeps the haters away. LOL
1987 Toyota Supra built 350 Chevy & 700R4
VT247

Attachments

• 100_1685..JPG
    100_1685..JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 26

mk3<3

Feb 21, 2010
perris
i usually get nothin but props to ...i get alot of offers on it too...but theres always hondas that think there unstoppable with there v-tech lol .....i get a few shit from some stupid 240 guys that dnt kno much either but then alot of 240 guys like my car :)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I get both ways usually some guy yelling out the window while driving or at a light.

But i do love laughing at the hating when it happens rarely.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
te72;1615892 said:
Eh, they're just upset they had to borrow their daughter/sister/mom's (possibly all three, considering KY...) car. The import thing is just a bit of salt in their wounds. ;)

LOL, the one redneck that voiced his opinion was in a 60's model fastback. I told him before hand in the pits he had a nice car, then he proceeded to bash my shitbox after the race. Oh well I never liked "me too" cars much anyway.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
I had a srt4 pull up next to me at a light.
"nice rx7, I just sold one just like it"
I said it's a supra and he said "oh yea" like that's what he meant
Ruined my night lol

Vacationtime247

Apr 17, 2009
Muncie, IN
Blah! That's kind of insulting. Never thought the 2nd gen RX7's looked anything like an MKIII. The RX7 kind of look like a ford probe but never a supra.
VT247

turbo87targa;1617346 said:
I had a srt4 pull up next to me at a light.
"nice rx7, I just sold one just like it"
I said it's a supra and he said "oh yea" like that's what he meant
Ruined my night lol

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Ironically, the 2nd Gen RX7 Shares quite a few components with the Probe, my friend had a 1st gen Probe 3.0 V6 and the gauges and climate control looked identical..

of course, Mazda built the probe, so it shouldn't be too surprising...

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
I always get compliment of "nice car" when my paint is bad and I still have a lot of work left. Usually followed by "what is it". Then I get every kid in him moms mini van wanting to race me. And of course the occasional honda or acura wanting to race. But when I drive my wifes honda with the fart can on it no one ever tries to race me (not like I really wanna be beaten in a race in a honda anyways).