The Supra hater experience

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Anyone else have these douche bags around you that seem to hate on you just because of your car?

I'm driving through a residential area, with a half primer half green civic hatch with the stupid 8 light bezel in the bumper driving right in front of me. After driving about 500 feet he starts to turn deeper into the neighborhood and I keep going straight towards the highway, but he turns super slow and as I'm driving around him I hear him yell "pussy!" then he revvs up and floors it down the road.

Wtf? Lol I didn't do anything to show him my distaste for his car, I didn't even rev on him...I did plan to pass him as soon as it went to 2 lanes but he didn't know that :)

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Definitely have this happen every now and then. Usually the ones who are so stuck in Hondas that they think anything else is worthless. IE: They'd spend $8K on a stock KLEEN 4 door auto civic from the 80's, instead of buying a car that actually has something to it. And then rice the shit out of it, and it's still slow as hell.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
It's unusual. I get alot of props and thumbs up. may depend on the neighborhood/demographics I suppose.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Satan;1615396 said:
It's unusual. I get alot of props and thumbs up. may depend on the neighborhood/demographics I suppose.

Yep. Offers to buy the car every spring pop up when I pull it out. By strangers to whom I have never talked.

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
I've had an old integra with an exTREMEly loud exhaust tailgate me around corners for a couple blocks. He didn't pull up next to me until a freeway entrance finally came up at which point (to somehow impress his lady friend?) he downshifted into the ramp, even though I continued on straight.

An aluminum foil ball might have came from my car onto his windshield as he did said ricer fly-by, might have not.:sarcasm:

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
strange, most of the time i go to the store or so people are like oh what year is that supra it looks real clean and whatnot then start talking about the MK4 supra's for like 20 minutes, funny how no honda/acura ever wanted to race me :)

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
forgot to mention I get nothing but compliments but every now and then theres always gotta be that honda guy...

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I dont get shit from anyone except the guys at work,,,,(I work at toyota.......) they are always saying how ugly and slow mk3s are. sometimes i want to cry, but i know the truth inside,,,,,SUPRA'S ROCK!!!!:)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
SupraSean;1615492 said:
I dont get shit from anyone except the guys at work,,,,(I work at toyota.......) they are always saying how ugly and slow mk3s are. sometimes i want to cry, but i know the truth inside,,,,,SUPRA'S ROCK!!!!:)

That's easy to stop, tell them to walk out on the lot and point out one car that even comes close to the MKIII... I did that to a salesman at the dealer I used to buy parts from all the time, always trying to get me to buy a new car.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
I don't normally get that kind of reaction. Usually people love the car, that's why I was a little confused at the random hostility lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
modmonster2008;1615480 said:
strange, most of the time i go to the store or so people are like oh what year is that supra it looks real clean and whatnot then start talking about the MK4 supra's for like 20 minutes, funny how no honda/acura ever wanted to race me :)

Im so sick of people talking about the MK4 after they see my Supra or SC.... yeah it was a nice car... I dont give a shit and nor do I drive one to try to care...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Where I live, most people don't even know what Supras are. Maybe if I rolled around in a Mk4 they might think it looked familiar from somewhere, but most people are clueless. Which is fine by me, I love how a 4" exhaust tip is like bait to all the retards around here. Used to have a lot of people rev at me trying to get me to race them... seeing as how not one person that *wasn't* in a Supra has managed to keep up yet, the majority of that has stopped.

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
i just got compliments on my car, even tho when i was doing my body work it looked like ass i still got good things about it, i even had people go into my parking lot just to look at it, and first thing they ask if its turbo. once i say yea, they get more into it

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I get nothing but compliments on my car, and my car needs a front bumper repaint and some body work on the left side quarter panel! Haha! I guess all the damage is on one side of the car, so if you view it from the other it looks good, but still.

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
My latest supra hasn't been out of the garage (on the road) yet so randoms have not got the chance to say anything. MY friends think the engine bay is clean and want me to go through their car and make theres look just as good.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Last time I went to the local Dragway they had a Mustang event. Well Im just gonna say they get quite pissy when an import starts bustin their ass. Thought I was going to have to leave early.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Since my current supra has been in the garage forever I haven't really had any comments on it. But when I had my old 88 I was at the dealership buying parts I had the gm of the dealership come out of the sales department to the parkinglot just to tell me he had bought one just like mine when they were brand new. He was like a little kid going over my car, it really made me excited seeing his enthusiasm over the car.

Now my wife gets hated on all the time in her bimmer, she had the same issue when she had a lexus also.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Nick M;1615426 said:
Yep. Offers to buy the car every spring pop up when I pull it out. By strangers to whom I have never talked.

It's awesome ain't it?!?! I sometimes even slow down, so that they can finish taking a snapshot or video from their phone.