The new FRS and BRZ what do you think of these to tiwn cars?

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I think it's great that these two cars gets released :)
Most of us here with an older performance car tend to look at something similar in todays cars, but that means a high price tag, for example an Nissan GTR.

Here we have two cars with good price tags from the start WITH good performance. At least to start with for some.

The only sad thing is that Toyota does not advertise this car on their homepage, at least here in Sweden. I think this is due to their environment status.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
To me, this is probably the very best example of a NEW, ENTRY level sports car. Miata is it's only true competition when you think about it:

-Hyundai Genesis is WAY too fat
-Mustang is WAY too fat
-Camaro is WAY too fat
-Corvette is WAY too expensive (maybe not for what it does, but certainly not an entry level car)

I'm still excited for it, it's at least a start. This could spark Nissan to bring back a Silvia, another fun, cheap car. Who knows, maybe the American companies would even be swayed to make a small, cheap, fun to drive car... I'm more excited for what the car COULD do for the industry as a whole. ;)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
nissan has all ready said they would bring back the 240 guess there just testing still or some thing

basicly a 4 banger that is slower then the 350z

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
NashMan;1802057 said:
nissan has all ready said they would bring back the 240 guess there just testing still or some thing

basicly a 4 banger that is slower then the 350z
Take 1200 lbs off the 370z, add in Nissan's 1.6l Juke motor, make a decent RWD chassis/body, and call it a day.

Alternatively, use the 2.5l engine that was in the Altimas, give it direct injection, that could work too. Haven't heard anything about that from Nissan though?

EDIT: My old lady dug up a thread on the 86's forum, there was a thread about "who's selling their car to buy one?". There were Supra owners in there. I found that kinda funny, particularly the Mk4 guys... I mean, if you have the cash to swing a Supra (especially a Mk4), why not just buy one on the side and keep the Supra?

The one guy made sense though, he had 2 Mk4's apparently, was selling one to make space in the garage. Still... seems odd to me.

Last edited: