The new build! Ultimate 10 second street car!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Stfu. I'll do shit my way you do it yours. No shit you want it to be in the collector, my setup works fine for what I'm doing. We make tubular manifolds for cars all the time.

Just saying :)

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I'm sensing some tension between you two. Better cook up some popcorn this could get interesting ::popcorn::

Edit: Great setup by the way. Not to flashy very basic and putting up great times.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
3a05ee49-674e-4ad4-850f-2e6273058cdd.jpg

Lets calm down here, peoples. Devin can do whatever he wants, because its his car.

Constructive criticism is allowed, but it has to be backed up (no hearsay/etc)

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
A little intellectual debate is no harm to the community.

Just keep the profanity out and you can argue your points, with proof, if applicable, so we all can gain some knowledge.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
I think it's pretty cool. I understand how a well built manifold should be. But the guy says it works fine and I believe him. What do you do with the wastegate on the CT26 to disable it? I think I need to understand my CT26 better. I feel like a noob again dam lol.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
planemos;1785624 said:
I think it's pretty cool. I understand how a well built manifold should be. But the guy says it works fine and I believe him. What do you do with the wastegate on the CT26 to disable it? I think I need to understand my CT26 better. I feel like a noob again dam lol.

It doesn't work the way it's suppose to. Complains about eating thrust washers cause of high pre turbo exhaust pressures.

Not limiting it to the wastegate setup, it could also be the non clipped turbine wheel. Some ideas you can look into with this fresh motor. Alberts already offered stuff on the ct26 to you.

Thrust washer could also be from shitty oil. Or bad oil supply

Last edited:

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I believe it was the turbine wheel being unclipped. Im sure it wasn't oil supply or bad oil, as the bearings were all perfect and never had any signs of oil starvation or ware in any ways. They looked just like when I put them in.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Nothing new, Still haven't put the valve covers or oil pan on. Captain morgan has been taking up to much of my time at night lately. Probably get around to it this week and then drop it in the car sometime soon also. Just need a few more things to finish it up then on the dyno it goes.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
great build bro. keep up the great work. ignore the ignorance from idiots here. you've accomplished more than many of us have with LESS than most of us have in our cars, so keep doing what you're doing man.

P.S.
I'm parting of my built 7m from thedave925 "hurry up and wait" build. Let me know if there's anything you need.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Nothing is going to happen this week. We are moving to a new location over the span of this week and will be back up and running on the 1st. Lots of trips with trailers full of parts and tools, towing cars over to the new shop. Once we get back in working order we have a few projects to finish up and then ill be able to continue work on the supra. It sucks moving 5000sq ft of stuff to the new place.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
No updates really, I paint stripped my valve covers and sanded them down for a new coat of fresh paint. Thats all I have done since last time. I did order everything else I needed yesterday though to put the motor in.

Valve cover washers and bolts
Exhaust manifold nuts
-10 AN Drain flange
-4 AN Feed Flange
-4 AN Feed hose and fittings
Exhaust flanges to make the down pipe
T3 manifold gasket and 3 inch 4 bolt gasket for the outlet.

I should be able to put the motor in this weekend if time allows. We moved shops to a new location and had to set everything up again. Along with painting and building a room onto the building its been hectic. I will be in California at Fontana January 15th with the car though. That is the plan right now.

Thanks

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Got the valve covers on with new seals, grommets and bolts. Got the coolant pipe on that runs under the exhaust manifold installed, Cleaned and installed the oil pan, then cleaned up the front timing cover and water pump pulley. Just have to go to get some bolts for them both tomorrow. Got to go to toyota and pick up the exhaust manifold nuts tomorrow also along with picking up a few AN fittings and line for the turbo drain and feed. Also got the turbo gaskets and flanges in so should be able to make up all the lines and mount the manifold and turbo. Should be ready tomorrow night but will drop it in on tuesday. Injectors will be here tuesday or wednesday. Dyno should be wired and hooked up at the new shop middle of this week so once its started straight on the dyno it goes. 13 days till import face off in Fontana, CA then Tuscon, AZ might also be attending that one.

Oh and if shit isn't to hectic this week, the cage will be getting built next week.