The new build! Ultimate 10 second street car!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
The ...... Is what made me take it the wrong way. It really doesn't bother me at all though really. I'll build motors the way I was taught to and you can do the same :)

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Devin,

With the amount of power you plan on pushing, have you thought of a full flow oil system? What about keeping radiant heat down?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Got the front cover cleaned up, sand blasted and installed. Cleaned up the water pump and installed it as well. Put the oil pump drive pulley on and crank timing gear along with the tensioner. Took the head apart and cleaned it up. Going to wire brush off the valves, lap them and put it together tomorrow. I forgot I didn't get valve seals and by the time I remembered everyone was closed that I have accounts with. Autozone had felpro's but didn't want to pay full price. Ill just get them tomorrow morning.

p1784288_1.jpg

Got the ARP's in and the head gasket on.

p1784288_2.jpg

Set the head on and mocked up the turbo fits great on the stock manifold, Just hope it clears the shock tower, If not I got a mini sledge that will take care of that.

p1784288_3.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Thanks, Im running the stock manifold with a CNC milled CT26-t3 Adaptor. The manifold has a External waste gate flange welded onto it. I don't see the stock manifold Maxing out at 400HP...

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
ahhh ic ic.... can you get a pic of the adapter and waste gate flange? I think one of my freinds has something similar for his greddy turbo.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Update, Got the head all together, Checked for leakage at the seats and installed and torqued down. Just got home from the shop, Made decent progress. Everything else is super easy from here on out so should have it buttoned up tomorrow.

p1784579_1.jpg

p1784579_2.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Thanks dude,

Didn't do much tonight. Got all the buckets and shims installed, checked the valve lash and installed the gears and timing belt. Going to work out the valve cover situation tomorrow and get the pan on as well. Then just start bolting external stuff on to get it ready to put in.

p1784854_1.jpg

customs

Dec 29, 2008
Edmonton Ab
Not to rain on your parade or sound like a "know-it-all". I think the wastegate could be placed a little better on the manifold. Wouldnt you get better control of the exhaust gases and where they travel if the flange was closer to the turbo and more to the middle of the manifold?

This is just a thought, I really am not an expert. I am sure there is a reason its placed where it is.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Say you have a pool and there is a hole in the bottom,Is water going to leak out? Doesn't matter where in the bottom of the pool the hole is, water is still going to leak out. Yes the ideal place would be right off the middle at the collector. Would I notice any difference in control of the exhaust gases, most likely not. It works just fine. I was running 18 lbs on my CT26, It did not spike 1 psi over the target boost ever. Before with the internal gate to run 18 psi I had to spike it to 23 and between shifts it would spike 3-4 PSI as well because its automatic and it loads/unloads the engine between shifts.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Devin is there a reason why you're sticking with the stock mani? Is it to save the cash or prove a point? I'm sure tube manifolds would flow a lot better. I do like the external on the stock manifold though, I've thought about doing it but never really did it.