The new build! Ultimate 10 second street car!

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
kakanator;1775875 said:
There is no jz its a 7m just the shadows make it look like a 1j in the pic.

Devin LeBlanc;1775878 said:
lol if that looks like a 1jz, I must be blind.. lol

Wow, I AM AN IDIOT! Don't know what the hell I was looking at haha.

Build is moving right along, interesting info on the probe pistons.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
So here is the current list of specs

7MGE Block .20 over and Surface decked
7MGE Head, stock valves, surface decked, all valves lapped and checked for leakage. DDS Performance valve springs, seats and retainers. DDS Performance mild bowl job. Stock GE cams's, Adjustable cam gears
JE's 9.0:1 FSR Forged pistons 83.5mm .20 over, Slip fit wrist pins
Eagle H Beam Rods (ARP bolts) (Slip fit wrist pins)
Cometic 1.3mm Head gasket
Stock 6M crank (STD size Main and Rod)
Clevite 77 (NDC) STD Main, rod and thrust bearings
OEM Toyota Oil pump (shimmed 5mm)
OEM Toyota timing belt and pulley
RC Engineering 1200CC Injectors
GT35R .82 T3 Exhaust housing
Stock ECU W Greddy Emanage Blue and Lexus AFM
Stock Exhaust manifold with 38mm External wastegate, Open Dump
CNC CT26-T3 Adaptor
Stock Intake manifold
DDS Performance Custom Mandrel bent turbo back exhaust
DDS Performance Custom Mandrel bent and tig welded aluminum intercooler piping
Tial Q 50mm BOV
Stock A340E Auto trans (Custom shift kitted Valve body)
3000rpm re worked stall

Engine will be blueprinted internally with a micrometer and bore gauge. (I was taught to never use plastigauge unless I really have to) Cams will be degree'd with a degree wheel and dial indicator.

Will update as I go! List is looking nice :)

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Well due to thanksgiving shit didn't show up when it was supposed to.

Turbo, head gasket and bearings are out for delivery so will show up first thing monday morning at the shop. Pistons and rods should ship out on monday hopefully but doubt I will see them until the end of the week. That puts Import face off a total no for attendance. Guess Ill have to hit the last drag event of the season december 9th. It won't be full track prep but ill see if I can put a 10 sec pass off before the season is over. We will be doing the roll cage in the car next week also.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Shouldn't be to much more time. Pistons and rods shipped out today. Got the turbo, bearings and head gasket today.

p1780553_1.jpg

Did a quick mock up on a spare motor at the shop.

p1780553_2.jpg

Will be out of town till Sunday for PRI in Orlando. Monday planning on mounting the head up on the flow bench to do testing then do the porting on it.

To be continued.....

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
That is a 1/2 thick CNC milled adaptor from custom fab shop. I could have gotten it cheaper if we made it up our self but I just decided to buy it as it was already available and took the trouble out of having to draw it up on the computer to be cut. The nice thing is it doesn't have the waste gate port on it so it doesn't space the turbo out to far. The fitment of the 35R is about the same as the CT other than its a lot bigger. The outlet of the compressor barely clears between the 2nd and 3rd runner, but it does!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
There will always be pics :) Im planning on just doing a half cage right now (main hoop, harness bar, cross bar, and two down bars) Then later adding on down bars on each side and a door bar on the drivers side.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
yeah it would have, I really can't wait to see the new setup all done because the 35R is going to be a HUGE difference from the CT2657, We'll hopefully get it to around 600 on E85 with high compression