The Mistress

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
your mistress sir, is a mean 'lil slut! nice recaros btw, I just had my factory ones refurbished and added red stitching, but it's definately not the same as brand new ones.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
GrimJack;1924048 said:
It looks like this model is going away, so if you ever want to have matching seats, buying two is a good idea. $1400 now is far better than $700 now, plus $1800 x 2 later down the road for a current model.
this is true... however there are much more important things for me to focus on than matching seats :) last time I checked, paint/body work is REALLY expensive, and I estimated my suspension, wheels and tires will be 3.5k minimum... and I'm already throwing $$ at the drivetrain o_O

gotta say though, that is a good deal... for some reason the local vendor was pricing passenger seats for $100 extra :-/

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
There is a 'passenger' model available, and the difference as far as I could see was an extra mount that allows 5 point harnesses instead of just 4. If that's what they were selling, it's more money from everyone else as well.

No clue why Recaro would call it a passenger model, though.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
GrimJack;1925765 said:
What did it cost you to have them refurbished? If this style is going away, I'll likely be looking into the same thing several years from now, because I don't like the new style at all.

1300 CAD, but he did the e-brake boot and dyed my shiftboot, but the leather was old so I ditched it anyway. Oh and the re-stitching the recaro buckets red was illegal because of copy right infringement but he did it under the table not through his business as a favour. It's not much cheaper then racing buckets, but once you get shipping and duty here plus your new seat-belts and then having to change the brackets to mount them inside. I just wanted it done with. Although brand new would of been awesome.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Beals;1927851 said:
1300 CAD, but he did the e-brake boot and dyed my shiftboot, but the leather was old so I ditched it anyway. Oh and the re-stitching the recaro buckets red was illegal because of copy right infringement but he did it under the table not through his business as a favour. It's not much cheaper then racing buckets, but once you get shipping and duty here plus your new seat-belts and then having to change the brackets to mount them inside. I just wanted it done with. Although brand new would of been awesome.
Thanks for the 411.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Door window wipers and felts, headlight assembly shields, button bezel for rear seat fold down button, and one door lock bezel.
2013-05-0120.27.03.jpg

Rear hatch seal
2013-04-2111.11.17.jpg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Canadian Tire... just picked up the Meguires stuff, which I thought was a bunch of clay, but turns out to be two small packages of clay plus a spraybottle of their detailing finish that you use as lube for the clay.

I'll be looking for some other kind to buy next time - I'd rather buy separates.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, it's hard to find clay bar stuff separate from the spray. Probably because some moron would use it without and ruin his paint...

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
GrimJack, I love your car and all of the attention to detail you put into it with all the new Toyota parts and such. It's always exciting when you have a new update.

On a side note with the clay bar, do you know if it would be safe to use on my original paint? Its in very good shape for its age, but does have a few fine spider web cracks.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Nice pictures Grimjack, thanks for sharing. Look up detailers domain for cleaning stuff. You can order professional grade cleaning items including clay bars etc. I'm sure there are other companies as well who specialize in those products.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
eshine.ca is good too, I've ordered from them in the past. They have some really good cheap microfiber towels too.

Dave, engine bay looks great as usual!

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
Wow Grim an Amazing build as always! Love the colour, it's been far to long since I've looked at a Supra and I'm glad your build was the first one I looked at.