The Mistress

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Enraged;1916938 said:
are those ones reusable, or do you need to cut them off and replace them?
Use once, cut off with a hook razor or burn off with a soldering iron. Rock Auto sells these for about $2-3 each depending on size, so it's not a ridiculous expense.

hvyman;1916977 said:
What are you using for your ps high pressure hose?
Hmm... not these, anyway. Those could easily still be stock... if not, it's some kind of high pressure line with AN fittings.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
GrimJack;1916824 said:
Got a bunch of these today. Of course, knowing me, I'll let them ripen on a shelf for weeks or months before I install them.

2013-02-21-20.54.57.jpg

I was spec'ing some parts at work recently and found these! Very neat idea and I'd never seen them before. I bet it looks really clean installed as well.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
So, both new door windows are in. The first one took six hours and more than half a dozen attempts. Second guessing the TSRM is, as usual, a bad idea. Follow their damn steps! The second one was complete in well under an hour.

As it turns out, aligning everything so the window goes up far enough to seal, yet doesn't hit or scrape anything isn't trivial.

Now... what to do with two used pieces of glass? So far the top idea is transferring fingerprints from the neighbor I dislike onto it, then tossing it off an overpass during the witching hour.

Mounting the seats isn't going to be as easy as I had hoped, either. Some fab work required for the brackets, and I still haven't learned how to weld. Another item on the bucket list!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Just make sure your old felt does not have rock's int it or it will turn you pretty windows into crap in no time.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
GrimJack;1917799 said:
...and I still haven't learned how to weld. Another item on the bucket list!

Let me know if you need any pointers when you start, I've been doing it for the past 11 years for a living and would seem I still have a job so I must be dewing it rite!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Moy;1917993 said:
If you don't mind my asking, how much did the windows run you? Mine are pretty darn shot >.<
~$220 per door from Toyota. I'm sure that aftermarket glass would be less if you could find it.

Bogwon;1918129 said:
Let me know if you need any pointers when you start, I've been doing it for the past 11 years for a living and would seem I still have a job so I must be dewing it rite!
Well, the first problem is that I need to buy a welder, and I suspect that I need to get a 220v outlet in the garage to power it.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
GrimJack;1918269 said:
Well, the first problem is that I need to buy a welder, and I suspect that I need to get a 220v outlet in the garage to power it.

There are 110v welders out there that will plug right into your typical wall sockets and work for just about anything you might want to do as far as your car goes, you'll just have to watch the duty cycle of the machine you get. (usually the duty cycle of the 110v welders are 10-30/100) Lincoln, Miller and Hobart all make very good welding machines. I am most familiar with Lincoln and Miller brands.

Now if you're going to be building a submarine in your car with 4" hull thicknesses we'll have to talk about upgrading your power and likely your welding machine also what ever you're smuggling because lets face it, that's the only real reason that you'd be building a submarine.