The Mistress

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Grandavi;1911998 said:
Okay.. Im looking and I see two water outlets on the top, none on bottom... is that a custom made unit?
Yes. :)

AbsoluteSpeed;1912003 said:
Hmm, that is interesting.
I'm going to take a guess and say it mounts under the rad support based on the filler neck.
Correct!

Enraged;1912006 said:
Saw that on the Indyspeed Facebook page, was wondering if it was yours :) looks slick.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy to have it.

This is actually the same unit that Duane, Ron, and one other guy who's name I don't know offhand are using. Ron originally built the specifications from what I understand - C&R had to get his permission to make me one. C&R does the custom work, they use PWR cores and Spal fans.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
^ is this just a local rad shop ??? it going to be sunk in?? were ya going to put your prized ac condenser and stuff

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Dave! I just looked in here and noticed you had the Lexus fogs mounted up. Bummer your supports had been previously hacked.

Any troubles aiming or mounting them once the support was fixed? I came across my original CAD mock ups for those brackets just recently. If I could find more good lenses for those fogs I'd start making more and improving the design.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
suprarx7nut;1912219 said:
Dave! I just looked in here and noticed you had the Lexus fogs mounted up. Bummer your supports had been previously hacked.

Any troubles aiming or mounting them once the support was fixed? I came across my original CAD mock ups for those brackets just recently. If I could find more good lenses for those fogs I'd start making more and improving the design.

No problems at all... mind you, that might be due to the fact that Tommy mounted them to a plate, aimed them, then welded the plate in. :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Going in... Notice that the radiator mounts are even rubber isolated.

CandR03.jpg

CandR04.jpg

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Talk about a space saver.. You will surely get some air moving through that radiator now. If you had room on the other side, you could convert to pushers and have even more space.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
good old hose rad good to see makes it less cloned I like it

ps were ya going to find silicon hose ? or just going to run rubber

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Custom oil cooler mount with scoop from ISS. I wasn't happy with the original mounting for the oil cooler, it was in front of the radiator, and I'm more concerned with coolant temps than oil temps, so Tommy fabbed up a horizontal mount with a scoop to pull in air. If I have to mount a puller fan on it for being stuck in traffic, I can.

independant_speed_shop_13.jpg

independant_speed_shop_14.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I made one of thous befor I called it leaf/pine needle catcher in the fall

simple fix was a screen in the opening

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I wonder if having the undertray in place will cause some positive pressure above that cooler, making it tough to flow upwards. :/
I could see the main puller radiator fan pushing air down.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
suprarx7nut;1914492 said:
I wonder if having the undertray in place will cause some positive pressure above that cooler, making it tough to flow upwards. :/

It could, but I haven't found a way to mount an undertray on a Mk3 with a 2J yet.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
suprarx7nut;1914492 said:

you don't wana do that it would just stall air really and get hot only way to fix it would just make a scoop aka boxed on the other side of the cooler redirecting the air the oppsit of the bottom that how we made one up on a honda civic

Last edited: