The Mistress

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
So, had some stuff done recently.

I'd destroyed the pinion and some bearings in the rear end. So, I've switched to a Weir Performance 3:58 ring and pinion, and replaced the bearings with new unobtanium units from the same vendor.

Some misc. electrical bits... my relays for the HID ballasts kept popping due to water contamination, so I've added waterproof relays and sockets. My idle control plug still worked, but it was smashed on one side, so that's been replaced.

I've never been fond of the intake pipe off the turbo, the pie cuts weren't the same size... so I got Tommy to weld me up a new setup that looks a lot sexier IMO. Pic for attention:

Engine_Bay_2015-02-14-1.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Looks clean as usual GrimJack! I was beginning to worry about you and the Supras. Your Supra is one of the nicest, most well done one's around. Glad to see you're still working on it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'm rapidly running out of things to do with it, to be honest. Definitely slowed down a lot over the last year. So instead, I've been out racing it! Had a great couple days at The Ridge motorsports last summer. I highly suggest giving it a try if you've never been on a road course track.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
GrimJack;2039644 said:
I'm rapidly running out of things to do with it, to be honest. Definitely slowed down a lot over the last year. So instead, I've been out racing it! Had a great couple days at The Ridge motorsports last summer. I highly suggest giving it a try if you've never been on a road course track.

I can understand what you mean about running out of things to do to it. I'm kinda there with mine too since I want to keep mine mostly stock too. I don't drive it nearly as much anymore, but I still love it and when I do drive it it makes it a little more special. That's just what happens as cars get older I guess.

That's great that you've been out racing it though! Any pics or videos? I would love to make it out to a road track sometime. I only have a lowly N/A, but I think I could still have a good time. It certainly isn't a race car, but I would love to push it a little harder than I can safely on the streets. I think the closest one to me is in Atlanta, I'm not sure if they allow runs like that. We used to have an Autocross thing here too, but I think it got shut down by the city because they wanted to turn the old parking lot into something else that we don't want...

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
GrimJack;2039644 said:

Most of us would love to be able to say we're running out of things to do. Love the new turbo inlet pipe.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
No video of the road course track yet. The Ridge is a new track, only been around a few years, and one of the things it *doesn't* have yet is any kind of spectator area. Also, it stretches out over a relatively large area.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Last weekend I spent two days racing at The Ridge... and got some video!

So, here is come video of The Ridge from my buddy's car. For the first couple minutes he's following me, then I pointed him by so he could follow another guy in the group. This gives you at least some idea of the turns and elevation changes. That downhill corner is a LOT more extreme than it looks on video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_o9gAtRCk&feature=youtu.be

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Track looks like a blast! Like Grandavi said, I wouldn't attempt the course on stock brakes either.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I decided that even with the super hard springs, the stock swaybars still allow too much body roll. So, I installed a set of ST swaybars yesterday. Haven't had much chance to check out the difference yet, but even just scooting around town yesterday I can tell it's running flatter in the corners.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Thicker swaybars improve our cars drastically. The differences is night and day and it makes the car so much more responsive. Great move.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
GrimJack;2051546 said:
Last weekend I spent two days racing at The Ridge... and got some video!

So, here is come video of The Ridge from my buddy's car. For the first couple minutes he's following me, then I pointed him by so he could follow another guy in the group. This gives you at least some idea of the turns and elevation changes. That downhill corner is a LOT more extreme than it looks on video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_o9gAtRCk&feature=youtu.be

That's awesome stuff Dave. I need to get mine out for a track day. Looks like a blast!

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
What tires are you tracking and in what sizes?

Before I knew what it was like to track a car, I decided on a 235/275 f/r setup on the supra. Needless to say, I don't have enough rubber up front. I run 275 fronts on my current track car, but I know there is no way I'm fitting a tire this wide on the supra. Hoping to run 255.