***The Burgandy Supras Thread***

turbogeek87

turbogeek87
Mar 29, 2006
Juneau, AK
Some exceptionally good looking MkIIIs on here.

I'm not posting pics of my rough 3H1 code 87, at this point anyway. It's paint is really bad at this point and it really is an idiot magnet, the last hit and run, hit at front driver's side pushing the bumper and fender back about an inch, until there was no space between the door and the fender. So I had to bend the fender to open the door. I salvaged a good left front fender to replace as well as a new passenger door, (another hit and run) but they are blue. Do I need any special barrier material, or should I just prep them and coat them several times with primer? I want to make sure none of the paint bleeds through.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Just a pic on the way to work...before this bad weather showed up.

p1987055_1.jpg

Engine shot. Need a better one.

p1987055_2.png

Attachments

• 2013-09-09_18-45-56_103.jpg
    2013-09-09_18-45-56_103.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Love
Reactions: Clint

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
turbogeek87;1962230 said:
Some exceptionally good looking MkIIIs on here.

I'm not posting pics of my rough 3H1 code 87, at this point anyway. It's paint is really bad at this point and it really is an idiot magnet, the last hit and run, hit at front driver's side pushing the bumper and fender back about an inch, until there was no space between the door and the fender. So I had to bend the fender to open the door. I salvaged a good left front fender to replace as well as a new passenger door, (another hit and run) but they are blue. Do I need any special barrier material, or should I just prep them and coat them several times with primer? I want to make sure none of the paint bleeds through.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. I used to own a typeR it got hit so much they kept the paint in house for me at the body shop...I feel your pain.

As for prep I always go back to bare metal and prep accordingly. Yes sometimes it's true that old paint makes for a great base to start from but that being said it also could have its own issues at some point. So to avoid any other surprises I just take the extra time.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Umm...seeing as this thread has been here for over 7 years now, any chance a moderator could change the title to the ACTUAL spelling of *Burgundy*?

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Janch;1992135 said:
haha just commented ur video of ur supra in youtube.

Huh...whaa....I have a video on boobtube?????? :) If I did I would have comments disabled I only care about what I think. ;o) That is all.

**btw thanks. She sounds great and my drug is 7m!

Last edited:

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
i mean b4 SM i went on youtube and searched Supra mk3 and weekly videos. saw urs and then saw it here.