temp is rising.

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
suprahero;1183524 said:
Are you going to go with the Koyo Todd?

Not sure what Im going to go with. To be honest, Ive been so crazy w/ everything else that I haven't even begun to look at them even. Twins are gone now, something new is coming sometime lol

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
slidingsidewayz;1181611 said:
no. my hydro fan actually hasn't been working the same ever since i shorted out the B+ pin/wire in the ecu. that also could be the problem.

Try someone elses hydrofan ecu, it might of shorted it out.

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
yea, i thought about that. i might just hot wire the damm thing and have a switch for it. i'll test out each wire from the hydro fan ecu this weekend to see if i might of shorted it out.

slidingsidewayz;1181611 said:
no. my hydro fan actually hasn't been working the same ever since i shorted out the B+ pin/wire in the ecu. that also could be the problem.
What does that have to do with anything? Are they connected? My car overheated, well got warm, not overheated, but just got warmer then it should on the way across the state in about 80 degrees weather a few months back. After i read this post, i just noticed that i haven't heard my hydrofans blaring since I got the ecu fixed. Does the B+ pin cause a fuse to blow or something?

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
yea, the B+ switch wire came off when i pulled my avcr boost controller and ever since then my hydro fan hasn't been blowing as hard as it use to. i think that's the cause of my temp to rise.

slidingsidewayz;1185225 said:
yea, the B+ switch wire came off when i pulled my avcr boost controller and ever since then my hydro fan hasn't been blowing as hard as it use to. i think that's the cause of my temp to rise.
Now you are talking about in the diagnostic box area, right? I was checking to make sure my fuel pump was functioning and testing a few other systems using the B+ port last summer when my ecu went down. I remember the fan always sounded like a air plane before, but it just isnt that loud anymore. I never had it get even slightly warm until the new stock ecu.

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
i finally did some testing on the rad temp sensor and there's no power being fed into it. also i tested the actual hydro pump two pin harness and there's no power being fed into the pump either, so it's for sure that my hydrofan ecu is done.

fred

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
slidingsidewayz;1186474 said:
i finally did some testing on the rad temp sensor and there's no power being fed into it. also i tested the actual hydro pump two pin harness and there's no power being fed into the pump either, so it's for sure that my hydrofan ecu is done.

fred

you can always get a new ECU from the mid '90s V6 Camry that's using a hydrofan from a local junkyard.

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
it turned out that my hydro fan ecu wasn't getting any juice, so i just fed a 12v wire into it and problem solved! thanks to pernilongo for giving me hand..