Teal 92 7M Rebuild

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
I would like to know as well. I dont know what it is either, but during my rebuild I just bolted it to the bellhousing with one of the bellhousing bolts.

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
So is the car in the Fayetteville area or in Branson? I was talking to some other local owners awhile back about trying to cruise or something. We will probably wait til it warms up a bit.

ttankers

Dec 12, 2011
Branson, MO
Car will be back in Fayetteville in the spring! Keeping it off the salt for the winter. Cruise sounds awesome, would love to meet some more proud owners in the area. Only one I've seen around is yours.

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
As far as I know right now mine is the only one running. Lol. There's a couple white ones, a couple of the bright red ones, and another one my color. But I think they are all down for some reason or other. Mines my daily so it's never down for more than a night or two when I'm working on it.

ttankers

Dec 12, 2011
Branson, MO
Well I'm not giving up on mine yet, but I'm definitely still getting air in the cooling system. Checked all my hoses, no white smoke/coolant stink from exhaust, apparently normal amount of condensation on the oil cap. Next step will be a block tester I guess. Still runs and drives great after she's been burped, but the bubbles are starting to become a regular thing. Also might have a stuck injector because my oil gets dark and gassy smelling after a couple thousand miles.

A real headache but the boost is always worth it

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
I have a handful of spare injectors laying around. I upgraded to 550s. If you need one to replace your stuck one when you figure out which it is just let me know.
I've got lex/550s, billet 57 trim and supporting mods at 18 lbs. Toyota headgasket with arp studs and original all stock bottom end with 240k. Living in the danger zone. Lol.

Leaky Heater core maybe? Smell like coolant inside or window fog when the heater is on? Passenger floorboard wet?

ttankers

Dec 12, 2011
Branson, MO
No wet carpet that I've noticed. My first thoughts were the turbo water flange, would explain the smell and absence of visible fluid (flashed off from the heat). Dad's convinced it couldn't be the heater core and I can't tell him otherwise, and I've read it's a mess to get to.

18lbs is encouraging on a stock gasket though!
Your car a 5 speed? I've got one now torn apart waiting for a rebuild, throwing it in hopefully next summer. If you've got any swap parts like pedals or shifter assembly that'd be awesome.

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
Damn. I scrapped my parts car a few months ago. It had all the pedal assemblys and everything. :/ my spare trans might have the shifter still, I'll look next time I go to my storage unit.

ttankers

Dec 12, 2011
Branson, MO
Haha I remember when you told me you had that car. Stupid me. Guess I didn't think I'd have been able to jump on the trans swap so quickly.

Side note, go chiefs

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
ttankers;2016752 said:
Bump for answer. The block looks fine to me but the head looks too rough in uneducated my opinion...

Sorry I can't help with your question, I don't know anything about machine work. I would suggest making a separate thread about this if you don't get a response soon. You will get more exposure that way.