TbcMorris' post fire CT build

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
I wouldn't worry about the heat wrap smoking. It should go away.

I have my stock timing belt tensioner that has 120K miles on it, and is in great condition. A new one is Dealer ONLY and costs $150. You do the math. :)

Did you go to toyota of wallingford? Did you talk to fred?

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Frank Rizzo;1036651 said:
I wouldn't worry about the heat wrap smoking. It should go away.

I have my stock timing belt tensioner that has 120K miles on it, and is in great condition. A new one is Dealer ONLY and costs $150. You do the math. :)

Did you go to toyota of wallingford? Did you talk to fred?

Yes I did go to wallingford toyota. I'm not sure who I talked to but they were pretty awesome and defenityly helpful. Plus I get parts at cost because I buy them through where I work. I have already sorted our the timing belt tensioner issue. Thank you for the offer. It was smoking pretty good I just about had a heart attack. I am just going to be really caustious because iof the fact that the car had I fire once so now I am wicked scared of smoke!

This weekend first test drive!!!!!

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
tbcmorris;1036783 said:
Yes I did go to wallingford toyota. I'm not sure who I talked to but they were pretty awesome and defenityly helpful. Plus I get parts at cost because I buy them through where I work. I have already sorted our the timing belt tensioner issue. Thank you for the offer. It was smoking pretty good I just about had a heart attack. I am just going to be really caustious because iof the fact that the car had I fire once so now I am wicked scared of smoke!

This weekend first test drive!!!!!

you should take that test drive down to wethersfield, me and john are gonna be fixing up the ol 3e5 beast. He should be down with his 3e5.... lol thatd be interesting 3 supras in my driveway :)

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
UkiSash;1037283 said:
you should take that test drive down to wethersfield, me and john are gonna be fixing up the ol 3e5 beast. He should be down with his 3e5.... lol thatd be interesting 3 supras in my driveway :)

Wethersfeild is a bit far for a test drive!!!!! I am going to stick with going up the road. I might come up anyway though. Hopefully soon we can all chill. I keep trying for a bbq!!!!!! July 4 th fellas?
Lets get it going......

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
88YotaTurbo;1037394 said:
OK , This may be a very stupid question but wtf here goes. WTH is 3e5 ?? I have no clue.

tbcmorris;1037430 said:
I believe its the 89 to 92 red paint code.

Am I right?

You would be correct, lol i picked up the 3e5 when i got the car and it just stuck for some reason sounds better than red .... i dunno O_O.

PS WHERES THE VIDEO!?>

Your right though lol weth is a bit far for a test drive. and the bbq. my only problem with that is work. I couldn't even get the saturday or sunday off from work to work on my ccar will have to do it after 6 both days with only a few hours of sun light im not sure how far this will go. :(

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
Plans for the weekend
Isc valve lines
Brake lines
Clutch line
Weld new hks bov flange on
Move exhaust
Put back together boost gauge and
Aem wideband uego controller
Finish body kit
Paint hood
Reinstall body parts
Diagnos whining noise underhood
Change oil
Install boost contoller
Install fcd
Swap front seat
Tranny fluid
Switch windshields(probaly monday ill pay some to do this)

I think that's about it......that's also a list of everything to finish it up so we will see how much I get done this weekend.

Cheers josh

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
The brake lines are almost done as well as some other things.

But the main point of this post is to talk about another part of my day so far.

We went down to new haven to get a 7m motor for my friend. The 2 guys we met were real cool to us. They had a small stock of 7m random parts. We got the motor, shot the shit, and had some laughs. The coolest part is one guy had a car with some extra parts and he let me have it and grab a bunch of the miscalanious parts I need. If it weren't for guys like him and some others I have met through the site this car would be NO where near done. I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone.

I have a sartup vid I'm going to post. The car has some kinks I have to work out and you can notice them in the vid....such as the fuel pulsation dampener is screamin...and the isc valve isn't hooked up yet. So it starts but runs a little rough. So no talkin shit!!!!!! It is all gonna get fixed before its driveable!!!!!!

Josh

NeedsAPorsche

Muscle Milk
May 23, 2008
Austin, TX
www.myspace.com
i've been reading your progress with the build, and i have to congratulate you on the progress so far! i know this shit takes a lot of time and can get MAJORLY frustrating from time to to time when it seems everything is where it's supposed to be then it turns out to be something you never thought could be possible...but fortunately with the swap i did into my '89 from NA2T was pretty straightforward, but good luck and looking forward to the video! :icon_bigg

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
87nasupra;1043669 said:
any updates? im waitin on a video to see this thing run

i took the vid of startup but i took so long to post it that i am goin to wait and see if i can get a video of it driving now. regardless if it gets there this weekend ill post a video up.

NeedsAPorsche;1044458 said:
i've been reading your progress with the build, and i have to congratulate you on the progress so far! i know this shit takes a lot of time and can get MAJORLY frustrating from time to to time when it seems everything is where it's supposed to be then it turns out to be something you never thought could be possible...but fortunately with the swap i did into my '89 from NA2T was pretty straightforward, but good luck and looking forward to the video! :icon_bigg

thank you. it took alot of people. susprisingly it wasnt as frustrating as some other builds i have done. but that mainly owed to about 5 people that really came through in the clutch....Dave, Alex, Bryan, Ryan, and JD. Alot of it was custom making shit and making na stuff wotk on a turbo since all i had for a parts car was my 87 na. thanks for the good words.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
Update....

I finished a lot on my too do list including

DRIVING IT!!!!!!!!!

Yep I took it for the first test drive tonight. I put about 2 miles on it. Just a little up and down the road....about 5 psi of the 20 I have it set at. Found some flaws that ill address this weekend. The coupler holding the post intercooler pipe needs to be longer or have a better clamp. Some little things here and there but overall its almost there. My piping is going to slow66's to have the flange welded on. And I have to go back to toyota tomarrow for some little things.

Cheers Josh

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
CTsupra;1049506 said:
Congrats! You going to take her to the pike soon?

i will definetly bring it to the pike soon....and by soon i mean most likely july. i cant wait to chill with you an mike. Do you still hgave those 3pc taillights? anyway thank you for the congrats.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
And i thought i was nuts for some of the things i do.... Cleaning a fire damnaged car is one of the WORST jobs... Being a VW mechanic... ive done quite afew bugs....
and in years past a few cars
My hats off to you for doing what most would say NO to.....
DAMN GOOD JOB.......pat yourself on back now and then... you desierve it...
cant wait to see it done... hope EVERYTHING works....but if not... i have a feeling you will get them working....

Greg