Targa Top Tool

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I have the caps and stock tool. Over the course of 5 years I've lost and misplaced atleast 3 of them, and I always get them at the dealer brand new for less than $20...

My 5' 2 wife can take the top off with no worries, I don't know what's wrong with some of you guys...

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I'm definitely going to pick up a tool if they still sell it. I'll ask again since my question went unnoticed, who carries them? The stealership or any parts store?

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
I use a snap-on ball end allen key, I have the original tool too but much prefer the ball end allen key much faster.

I am thinking of trying out my wifes new small cordless drill, it wont have enough power to break the bolts free but after freeing it would work with the ball end key to take them out quick.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Only thing with power tools on the targa is that there a bitch to replace if they get striped.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
Went to O'Reilly and they ordered the tool and bit from Toyota. It seemed that the Toyota guys were really fucking clueless (which they sounded like over the phone that I could hear). But apparently the tool is no longer available as a kit. Handle, bit, and pouch are not sold together.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Greek;1738056 said:
Went to O'Reilly and they ordered the tool and bit from Toyota. It seemed that the Toyota guys were really fucking clueless (which they sounded like over the phone that I could hear). But apparently the tool is no longer available as a kit. Handle, bit, and pouch are not sold together.

Had the same issue a while back, that's why I walk in with part numbers now.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
Poodles;1738060 said:
Had the same issue a while back, that's why I walk in with part numbers now.

I didn't expect to get anywhere today, but since they could order it I decided what the hell. I wouldn't be surprised if I get something totally wrong and have to show up with part numbers.

What exactly does the pouch look like?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Greek;1738056 said:

Just buy the pieces seperately. You can also order from ANY toyota dealer online and have them ship to your house..

try these guys..

www.toyotapartsexpress.com

hahah, part sexpress lulz

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
should do what the honda delsol has, they have a handle with a lock, i have a turbo delsol here and i prefer it 10x more than my supra, supra is a mission to take off while the delsol has a handle and takes 2 seconds to take off

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Factory option.

Top isn't a stress member on those cars like it is ours, plus it's a TINY car compared to ours (2 seater and has short doors, etc)

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
hvyman;1737596 said:

Finally got around to down loading pic.

p1747148_1.jpg

p1747148_2.jpg