Targa top/How I love it

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
convertible supra FTW, convertible > targa roof
lol i dont think someone attempted this mod yet for an mkiii

I would just go after a convertable car if i wanted to have a pimped car maybe a saturn sky i cant fit into a S2K wich haves a hardtop option unlike the sky.

funny things is a sky weighs 3000lbs and is only a two seater My mkiii still will kill it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
get a sky redline...

and they do make (or are in the process of making) a hardtop for the sky/solstice

I love my targa...when it doesn't leak

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
convertible supra FTW, convertible > targa roof
lol i dont think someone attempted this mod yet for an mkiii

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
I love my targa top... haven't gotten the car running yet, but playing with the Kenwood, daydreaming with the top off one night I fell in love with it. Yeah I'm thinking about channelling some steel and reinforcing (?) the chasis for targa top performance... in chase cruising and someone wants to go. This is the only targa I've seen like this other than a POS Honda Del Sol.

namkiii

Nov 3, 2006
midlothian tx
i think when im done with school and the 1j swap and the 2j swap ill buy my third supra and it will be targa

i have two supras and there both hard tops and it feels enclosed to much

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
indeed, i wouldnt have gotten another supra if it werent for them having a targa. i mean yea, turbo i-6 is badass...but imo, the targa top is what makes a supra a supra, mk3 or 4 for that matter.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
so, can we make another thread, "targa top-why i DONT like it"

i fucking hate bolts!!!! im contemplating a quick release setup, like some type of clip/rod.
itll take a group effort, i know for sure. i can mod-if-icate just about anything but i want it clean and simple...so any ideas guys?

i know most folks just get a mini cordless driver with the allen installed...but thats still a little too slow for my taste. im going to check out a c6 vette tomorrow for ideas...thinking 2 clips in front will suffice as long as i attach/weld rods in the existing bolt holes. i dont want to get too far into this without a proper plan, incase i damage the targa/roof bolts.

anyone else interested, lets make a targa release thread or something like that.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
i love mobbing around in winter with heater on 85 and targa off heater is so hott, can't wait to finish my swap i miss her so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!