Tacoma area supras?

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
i was just curious to see who is around the area. i have seen a few mkiii driving around. wanting to see if anyone was close. you know, for helping out, parts, knowledge and just to hang out. i live in lakewood. anyone else? -Brian

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I live in Milton (NE Tacoma, for the most part! LOL!) but my car is shackin' up in Everett, awaiting new life...in the form of 2.5 liters!
When I'm back up and rollin', I won't be hard to spot. I will be the only, Burgundy-Metallic Pearl Sunroof, rolling on gold Volk Group AV rims in the entire state!!! (click on my profile)
I met you in Centralia a couple of meets ago. You're the Pearl white on the polished blades', right? (Nice car, BTW!)

Tom

Last edited:

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
yeah thats me. within the next month its getting parked for the 2J swap. did you go to the centrailia meet this year? heard it was pretty good. i was out of the country this whole summer so i couldnt go to any this year.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
SMP142 said:
yeah thats me. within the next month its getting parked for the 2J swap. did you go to the centrailia meet this year? heard it was pretty good. i was out of the country this whole summer so i couldnt go to any this year.

Brian;
Yeah, I went, and it was a great meet, sorry you missed it. It was the last day that I got to drive my car since I decided on rebuilding/motor swapping it. I ditched the 7M, as opposed to spending $4000-6000.00 on a really good rebuild and big turbo. I'm too old to be screwing around with that kind of power on the streets anyways! Just gonna' be happy with a lil ole' 1JZ w/ the stock twins for awhile, then maybe move up to a conservative GT 35 series single later on. Great to hear about your 2JZ swap, you won't be sorry!:icon_bigg
Hope to see you around this coming spring. Take it easy.
Thanks for your service!::salute::

Tom

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
its sounds like quite a few ppl are doing upgrades this offseason. next year we should deff have a few smaller gatherings if nothing else. i am always down to sit around and BS. when are you starting your swap? you guys still soupin' up that WRX too?

all4mx

speed demon
Jun 24, 2006
Olympia, Washington
I live in olympia as well, just got done with my $7000 7m build. When are these meets around here? Do you guys think it's worth it to drive to oregon at rrev motorsports for a tune or do you think that a place in tacoma like turbo tech would be fine?

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
all4mx said:
I live in olympia as well, just got done with my $7000 7m build. When are these meets around here? Do you guys think it's worth it to drive to oregon at rrev motorsports for a tune or do you think that a place in tacoma like turbo tech would be fine?

RRev is deff worth the drive. i have never heard anything but good from guys who have went there. if there are guys coming from BC, Idaho, N. Cali for a tune, that should tell you something. they have had both Duane and Nate there on their dyno. both 800+ hp 7M's! once i complete my swap that is where i am going.

speed dodici said:
Damn that sounds sick. We should have a south sound -esque meet sometime

yeah we should deff get some meets going around here. even if they are small, its still fun to look at and talk about cars right?

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
hey im up in the eastside of seattle. i dont know of many mk3s around here, only know one personally(lexustech117). more meets would be pretty sweet. maybe some cold not rainy day near the space needle for photos? haha. what am i saying, a dry day in winter?!!

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
hey guys, why don't we do a dinner in a couple of weekends. not really a cruise or anything, but ive got an evo buddy, and his forum is great about getting together and doing cruises a couple of times a year. i want to get there. i think just getting together with all the supra guys will help get to know everybodies name, and the car they drive. besides, i love seeing other supras. What do you guys think about meeting up at farrellis pizza in parkland. its off of i5 about 5 mins. Oct 27th at like 9:00???? I say 9:00 cause that is the happy hour! $3 appitizers ;)

iMod

Oct 9, 2007
Centralia/Chehalis
Hey everyone

I'm kinda new to the forum. I just bought a 88 Supra from Bremerton for $1,500. I didn't know you guys had meets in Centralia. I used to live there. Now I live in Chehalis. My Supra blew the valve cover seals less then 24 hours after I got it. I'm gonna be fixing it up soon so give me a heads up next time you guys have a meet over here.

bigunitpitcher22

BoL Spartan051
Jun 13, 2006
vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
I live in Tacoma, right by Tacoma Community College, like i can see it across the street.

I think some meets would be cool.

I saw a bunch of mkiii's on my way up here when I was moving in, but none really since. I think like only one or two.
I drive a navy 87 turbo

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Count me in for the Pizza get-together. I'll bug the rest of the north enders that I see on a regular basis.
No Supra for me though,:nono: not yet.:naughty:

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
im up for a meet but anything before the end of the month, the 27th would be great, cause i can bring my 2jzmk3(just wiring now and been putting it off too long, need to get it done) and my 1jzmk3 and show them off. And by the way, im in ft. lewis/lakewood area.

Junkie

Another Old Guy
Aug 22, 2006
PacNW - Area 51
91T breezen' said:
Count me in for the Pizza get-together. I'll bug the rest of the north enders that I see on a regular basis.

Tom, that thing isn't done yet ? ;)

Depending on when/where, I may be able to get some "lowly" MKII's to visit :D

And, no Tom, I still haven't fixed the smoking L --- I'm regulated to driving a stocker for now.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
91T breezen' said:

you are doing the 1jz front clip correct?