Supra Turbo Vs Mustang GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
I know there are many variables that determine the outcome but if 2 drivers of equal talent raced these 2 cars, who would win? I am pretty confident the supra would but i want to hear other oppinions, My friend is getting A mustang GT 5 speed in september i believe 1 2006 or a 96 not sure let me know your opinion on both, but i am goin to get a mark 3 supra turbo 5 speed targa. Sounds kinda noobish to be asking but im just curious

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Wrong section. Horrible question. And impossible to answer.

96 to 06 is a big difference.

You probrably won't get the answer your looking for on this forum as these types of threads just end up getting locked.

Depends on driver, traction, condition of both vehicles, and who cares get the cars, line them up and find out in the real world. Just font hurt yourselves or anyone else in the process.

redhot91gt

Grenade Builder
Nov 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
nosechunks;1374443 said:
Wrong section. Horrible question. And impossible to answer.

96 to 06 is a big difference.

You probrably won't get the answer your looking for on this forum as these types of threads just end up getting locked.

Depends on driver, traction, condition of both vehicles, and who cares get the cars, line them up and find out in the real world. Just font hurt yourselves or anyone else in the process.

Pretty much sums it up..

Heres a Little more info- Stock 96 GT's are quite slow, and Stock 06 GT's are quick. Its the difference between like a 15 sec car and a 13 sec car..

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
RockPaperSwoRD;1374467 said:
if you dont have at least 250-300 whp you wont be able to take an 06 mustang

I just took an 03 gt.. tires looked heavy, but it looked good. It was a five speed. Wasnt even a race. I murdered it. and im on bpu's.. but yeah first mod that looks at this thread is definitely gonna close it.

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
SupraMann;1374478 said:
I just took an 03 gt.. tires looked heavy, but it looked good. It was a five speed. Wasnt even a race. I murdered it. and im on bpu's.. but yeah first mod that looks at this thread is definitely gonna close it.

Awsome, Whats your hp and torque lookin like?

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
Jokervrs;1374487 said:
I shall prove you wrong mahaha!!! : P

I dont know. Maybe like 290hp, but im gutted. Cars running strong tho. Hasnt let me down. I took an evo9 also.. which from what ive heard theyre pretty quick. Lots of torque bro, just hook and youre gone. Assuming your 7m isnt too tired.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Jokervrs;1374437 said:
I know there are many variables that determine the outcome but if 2 drivers of equal talent raced these 2 cars, who would win? I am pretty confident the supra would but i want to hear other oppinions, My friend is getting A mustang GT 5 speed in september i believe 1 2006 or a 96 not sure let me know your opinion on both, but i am goin to get a mark 3 supra turbo 5 speed targa. Sounds kinda noobish to be asking but im just curious

Wait a minute...How do you want to race cars you guys don't even have?

Both of you = Fail!

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
RockPaperSwoRD;1374467 said:
if you dont have at least 250-300 whp you wont be able to take an 06 mustang

Jokervrs;1374487 said:
I shall prove you wrong mahaha!!! : P

Not if you're running it stock. A healthy GTE puts out around 230 HP. If that engine is getting tired, then it's even less.

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
tissimo;1374555 said:
and 230hp < 250-300. :slap:

230 HP can be better if you're making it for more of the powerband compared to another car with a higher peak HP but is only making it right at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.